Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Thanks so much , again. I now understand what was wrong.
I had saved the registrations that called the endings
with sync start on.  I have now fixed the 100 or so
registrations I programmed or modified for my Genos2
so that the sync start is off in the final registration
(that calls the ending) and the style stops when the
ending is done.  Better now after only a couple of months,
than later when I would have had to modify hundreds
of registrations.  This might be added to the
Psrtutorial FAQ or lessons: To have a registration call an
ending and have the style stop afterwards, do not
program sync start on into the registration.

My sincere thanks to everyone. I will watch the videos you suggested to have a better idea of what other harmony devices may do for my purpose.

So far, if I am not mistaken, it seems I don't need the vocal harmony of SX900 for my recording purpose since the harmony feature of SX900 is more suitable for live singing.

I also do not need the bluetooth feature or the ability to link to a bigger screen for karaoke purpose.

At this point, it seems the SX700 may be a suitable choice for songwriting and recording using the Yamaha styles while the SX900 would not add so much. Because as I said, although the SX900 certainly has more and perhaps better voices and styles, I believe the voices of SX700 is more than enough for me. Meanwhile, it is easy to download or to buy more styles for SX700.

If you have further advice, pls let me know.

Regards,
There is a mobile app for the TC Helicon with additional presets, but it doesn't seem to have been maintained for years. And this app seems to work like an acoustic coupler modem from the last century for data transfer. Oh well. I mentioned TC Helicon just as an example of external devices.
Looking at Alois videos on YouTube the TC-Helicon can only hold 3 different setups at a time. I don't know why the company can't make that unit hold an Unlimited amount of pre-setups like the VH2 can do.

Drake
Good evening to all of you.
I am a little confused about the audio styles for Genos 2.
I have downloaded some Expansion Pack Project File (.ppf) for example : “A.Style_Country&Jazz_Genos”.
I uploaded them to YEM and tried to install them.
Unfortunately I don't see any audio styles and I don't understand if they have been installed, and if so where. 
I don't understand if you have to create an original Pack Installation file(.ppi) or and create an original Pack Installation file(.cpi). More importantly, how do they work? 
Excuse my ignorance and thx

Genos2 / Re: CDG files
« Last post by Stijn on Today at 02:16:32 PM »
Hi Elvis,

I opened the BBBBBBBB.cdg in CDG Editor which resulted in an error; ‘Unexpected end of file’.

I then used ‘Tools / Validate’; it made some repairs, I saved it and now it opens on Genos.
Here’s a link to the modified CDG and the app CDG Editor.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/lbf23nky55bhctiboy9d5/AC7sX63P6RqUofzGv9Vbui4?rlkey=ljgo66yz5f4ovmte1aphunwyj&st=jm0gktfl&dl=0

Stijn

Alois from Germany has some videos on YouTube showing the use of a TC-Helicon device connected to a PSR-S970 and a Genos. He controls the harmonies of the TC-Helicon with a MIDI cable from the keyboard.

The videos are in German, but I think if you switch on the subtitles generated by YouTube, you can follow the content of the videos quite well.

#1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1PGap6B6vQ
#2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zevgNgC0-4Y
#3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adALPi0YdzI
#4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E1njTNAXvw

Kurt
Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads / Re: Tempo On The Fly
« Last post by mikf on Today at 01:17:43 PM »
Adam
If singers can’t stay in time you are in trouble when using a style backing. Take it from me adjusting tempo on the fly to stay in time will never work.
Singers may appear to speed up but the reason is seldom that they are actually singing faster, it’s because they don’t have the confidence or the training to wait on the beat. Especially in small gaps in the song. So they are not  singing faster, they are jumping in ahead of the beat. You can’t fix that by adjusting tempo on the fly, and trying will just make you look like the idiot who is out of time.  The singers need to fix that by learning to sing in time.
 I have accompanied hundreds of not very good singers from my days when I played piano in pubs for sing song nights and know this problem intimately. On the piano, it’s not hard to adjust and make them look good, but on an arranger playing a style ..no chance. In fact at home my dad had a decent voice but just couldn’t sense the beat, that’s why he couldn’t dance either. He always complained that it was my job to follow him and he just couldn’t get it that he was always jumping ahead of the beat. It’s why karaoke tapes show the words at just the right time, but even then many just won’t wait. As an accompanist it’s a pleasure when the singer has great natural timing.
Frankly, my experience has been that if people don’t have that  natural sense of timing it’s hard to teach them in a short time. And good luck with trying that because even if you do seem to get them to wait in practice, I can say with certainty that when the pressure comes on in public performance anxiety will cause them to start jumping in again.
If you can’t teach them to stay on the beat, I would abandon using a style and accompany them more in free time playing. Maybe just two handed piano, if that is within your capability. Then you can adjust and stay with them fairly easily.
Mike
PSR-E Series / Re: Expectation of the PSR-E483
« Last post by SciNote on Today at 01:15:29 PM »
The things I listed are quite basic and should be easily doable at the price point, given today's technology, and the end result would still be far enough away from the SX600, in terms of features and technology, that it shouldn't encroach on sales of the SX600.

40 registrations instead of 32?  How much memory is that?  A couple kilobytes, in an era where gigabyte sized flash drives are only a few dollars?  Sustaining the left side of the split keyboard?  That's just programming.  Adding a dedicated fill button for the styles, and basic editing for the sequencer (which Yamaha did on similar keyboards decades ago) also would not compete with the more advanced specifications of the SX keyboards.  And the current EW-425, essentially the 76-key version of the E473 with a few more features, already has dedicated line-outs.
"break state" is just the term that I use -sorry for confusion.

What I was saying above is, that this problem only happens if SYNC STOP button is used (is turned on). Do you need this feature when you play the style? If not, then just turn SYNC STOP to off and everything will be fine -style will stop after ENDING.
Everything also works fine if you need SYNC STOP feature while you play your style -but only if you don't break the variation before you switch to ENDING.

If you don't understand what I mean by "break state", then watch my video again and you'll see how SYNC STOP works: I'm breaking (temporary pausing) the style with my left hand by quickly hitting the chord notes -that sets the variation in "break state". Pay attention at the end of the video, before I push ENDING button.

Bogdan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk