Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
You can’t ship it in, you would have to carry it in personally to have any chance of avoiding duties and taxes. And for me the price difference would need to be awfully big to be worth that kind of trouble, especially since even bringing it in personally has a risk - admittedly small - of being charged anyway, if it is obviously new.
And be careful with published prices, make sure there are no additional local taxes and extras to be added in.
I got caught out buying wine last year in Italy. I bought two cases because they told me each of us had an allowance of 12 bottles, it was great wine, the price was fair, but then they added about 20% on for local tax, and added shipping charges. It took two weeks for it to arrive in the country. And then the shipping company refused to deliver it until I paid another 25% or thereabouts for UK taxes. Turned out the allowance only works if you carry it personally.
The money was a nuisance, no big deal, although it probably made the price way more than it was worth. But the real pest was it took lots of phone calls and paperwork when I got back to get it cleared and delivered by the shipping company. And then they didn’t leave it, because we were out , since it’s alcohol and they insisted a person over 21 be there to sign for it. I had to drive in to their depot in the city, and bring it home myself.
Great wine but not worth the hassle. Didn’t even get to drink most of it, because my family all thought it looked interesting and each took a few bottles home. >:(

Mike
Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads / Re: Tempo On The Fly
« Last post by acparker on Today at 11:48:06 AM »
Hey Mike,

Thank you for the response and advice.  My usual 'gig' is playing for Church, so Organ, and I speed up and slow down to match the congregation's singing.  I was hoping to do similar with styles because they allow for drums, and multiple backing lines -- a much fuller sound.  Unfortunately, 2 handed piano is outside my wheelhouse, but I can usually manage something with freestyle chords in the left hand with Strings, and a melody (or counter melody to the singers) in the right.  But it all gets sounding same-y after a while.  Fortunately, it's only a couple of songs. 

I like what you said about the weak singers not having the confidence to wait for the beat.  I had minimal time to work with them, unfortunately, but I will make sure I start with lessons on sensing the beat for the next project, whenever or whatever that might be.

Adam
Use one of the many import duty calculators available on line.

https://www.chambercustoms.co.uk/ukimporttaxcalculator

Do it right.  Remember if you get caught attempting to break the law by pretending it is OK, you will have a fine on top of the actual duty.

Bill
Kurt is right. Maybe it would be good if you check Yamaha warranty policy first -just so you know where you stand.

But speaking for me, I don't care about that at all (if price is right). In last 40+ years I've bough a lot of electro-stuff and I never needed a warranty repair -and no, I don't think that I was just lucky. The thing is, percent of flawed products is extremely small (especially if we buy a brand with good reputation) and so probability for something bad to happen is very slim.
How much warranty do we get if we buy a car second hand, which can cost 10-times more than keyboard? Yes, sh*t can happen.. but we still buy it.

I don't try to convince anyone -is just my personal way of thinking.
Bogdan
I pretty regularly take my keyboards into Europe and back to the UK..Just put them in as part of your luggage.. No boxes. I've never once had an issue.
We've got family in Switzerland and France, and friends in the EU.
Don't over think it would be my advice  8)
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Compressor Setting not saving
« Last post by Lacko on Today at 08:36:54 AM »
Hi dom,

look into Utility > Parameter Lock, if there is Master EQ not checked. If yes, uncheck it and save your settings.

Lacko
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Compressor Setting not saving
« Last post by dlepera on Today at 05:49:54 AM »
Hello.

I am wondering if there is a way to save the Compressor settings on my SX700.  I make changes to the settings and even if I save them to the USER* after a power off/on, they default to factory setting.
  Is this normal behavior?

Example:  Set Compressor "ON" Rich,  Output to 77, then save to USER1.
                   Power off/on, check Compressor settings and see USER1, but Output defaults to 62.
                   Have no idea if the compressor is in Rich mode.  How do I display the true status of USER1?

dom
Forum How To Focus / Re: Can’t Access Site: 403 Error!
« Last post by Michael Trigoboff on Today at 02:15:52 AM »
Roger Brenizer told me I could avoid this problem by sending him the IP addresses of each of the devices I access the forum with. This puzzled me, because I was pretty sure the IP addresses would all be identical, using the external IP address of my router/gateway.

But I checked, and two of my four iPads had IP addresses different from this, which was completely mystifying to me until I found out about an iOS feature called iCloud Private Relay. This feature spoofs an iOS device’s IP address by relaying communications through a sequence of two servers so that the device’s IP address comes up different from the actual external IP address of the home gateway. Somehow, those two iPads had this feature switched on. When I turned it off on both of these iPads, they immediately reverted to the external IP address of the gateway.

All of my devices now have the same IP address, which is the external IP address of my Xfinity gateway.
Genos2 / Re: CDG files
« Last post by elvisjfigredo on Today at 12:39:33 AM »
Hi Stijn,
Thank you soooooo much.
Brilliant. Thanks for fixing the file and for the CDG editor.
It works fine now.
Very kind of you.
Thanks for your help and everyone else.
Kind regards,
Elvis J Figredo :) :) :) :) :) :)
Keep in mind that Yamaha UK may not provide a warranty on a self-imported device.

Kurt
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk