Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
The Next Yamaha Keyboard / Re: Why do we always want more?
« Last post by Graham UK on Today at 05:15:15 PM »
Remember that as we get older it is important to keep our brains active, new products do this by giving us a challenge.

The most precious thing we all have is our brain, which controls everything we do.
I now suffer from Cerebellum  Ataxia. Cerebellum is at the back lower part of your brain and is responsible for you communicating with your limbs movement.

At 87 I'm not complaining and hopefully Peter Baartmans will have set up a music room by the time I get there.
Any Einstein's out there????? ;D ;D ;D
Genos2 / Re: New firmware 1.04 Genos2
« Last post by EileenL on Today at 04:33:00 PM »
I don't see OTS settings as a fault. That is a matter of personal choice. I very rarely use them preferring to set my own voices and volumes into registration banks.
Genos2 / Re: New firmware 1.04 Genos2
« Last post by AndyB on Today at 04:15:59 PM »
No real faults, then what do you call the joke of catch function on the sliders? It is a nightmare, you can't do a simple quick volume change on the fly like you could on the older keyboards. If Yamaha don't fix this abomination, then the Genos 2 is going back to the dealer, if they would take it back. Then there are the most stupid choices Yamaha have put in the OTS, for some of the styles no idea what idiot they had choosing them, some of the choices of instrument don't match the style used.
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Re: Tyros 5 registrations problem
« Last post by Dave PSR 970 on Today at 02:56:53 PM »
Many thanks Kurt,
I will have a go at that any problems will post again.
Dave.
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Re: Tyros 5 registrations problem
« Last post by KurtAgain on Today at 02:52:19 PM »
Hi Dave,
This message is displayed because at some point you have changed one of the registrations in the registration bank currently loaded in the keyboard.

You now have the following options:

Yes:
The changed Registration Bank is saved. You can freely choose the storage location, i.e. you do not have to overwrite the unchanged registration bank.

No:
The changes are discarded.

Cancel:
You've already done that and you know what happens: The changes aren't saved, but you also can't load another registration bank until you choose Yes or No.

The safest option would be to choose Yes, but choose a new location or a changed file name.

Kurt
« Last post by chesterkins on Today at 02:30:54 PM »
I like what somebody said earlier this year about their first impressions of their Genos 2
' They didn't play better BUT they sounded better'
I have had all the Tyros models and now a Genos  and the only one I regretted buying was the Tyros 3 as I thought it was half baked after the T2
So I agree with folks saying its a new toy and it revitalizes the interest without making you a better player
I have only had my Genos for 3 years so still very much in love with it
I expect i will be a Genos 2 owner in a couple of years too
« Last post by J. Larry on Today at 01:55:30 PM »
I upgrade primarily for new/improved styles and voices.  Could order the Genos 2 today, but much prefer the size, weight, and built-in speakers of the SX 900.  Just waiting to see what Yamaha does with the SX series.
« Last post by mikf on Today at 01:47:11 PM »
The development of these instruments is definitely at the plateau phase. So we will see less and less change model to model. Not everyone wants more functions anyway,  but there are always ways to make it do what it already does a little better, a little easier, …so that might drive upgrading.
Truthfully, I have little thirst to change what I have. The money is not the reason, it’s the hassle, the learning curve, I think that’s true for many people as they get older.
Mike
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Tyros 5 registrations problem
« Last post by Dave PSR 970 on Today at 01:42:28 PM »
Hi to everyone,
can anyone help me with this problem?.
I have been using a usb with registrations on it for a couple of weeks with no problem, but now when I bring up the registrations and try to select on I get this on the screen
Current registration bank file changed.
Save changes? with the options of yes/no/cancel.
Why is this coming on screen and what should I do to be able to use the registrations as before.
As I am quite new to keyboards I don't want to press the wrong thing so I have just predded cancel and remove the usb.
Hope someone will be able to advise what to do.
Dave.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk