Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-E Series / Re: Can I use FC7 expression padal with i500 keyboard ?
« Last post by SciNote on Today at 04:40:22 AM »
Thank you @pjd  @BogdanH @SciNote.

I agree with @pjd, controlling it with MIDI expression looks a bit dicey. Will need time to set it up and validate. I will park that idea for now.

I tried to go with touch setting to manage the volumes. But this is bit scratchy as my fingers are not trained on touch sensitive keyboard! So All  fingers do not apply similar pressure and so some notes are heard at higher volume ... for playing chords it may not be so relevant, but any lead is not sounding good. Any ideas as to what can be done for this ?

I will go for a volume control pedal with 2 line in and 2 line out, like the one @SciNote has described (Boss) etc. They seem fairly expensive though... Will post my experience with these pedals. Sweetwater have a couple of them available.

Than you for all your help.... Really appreciate you all.

Shirish

There should be a function setting on your keyboard to adjust the sensitivity of the touch response of the keyboard.  If it's anything like my E433, you should be able to turn it off completely, so that every note has the same volume and brightness no matter how hard you strike it, or turn it to a low sensitivity, so that you still get some variation of response to give you some control over the timbre of the notes you play without it being overly sensitive.

Don't forget to check out pjd's suggestions above for pedals, and make sure you get one designed for keyboard use -- instruments with electric line-outs with enough power to drive headphones -- and not designed for passive, non-powered instruments.  Let us know how it works out!
PSR-E Series / Re: i500 - can i use custom made arpeggios ?
« Last post by SciNote on Today at 04:22:55 AM »
I don't think that is possible.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the I500 is a branch-off of the E400 series, and I've never heard of being able to load custom arpeggios on these keyboards.

The closest you might be able to do would be to use the 6 track sequencer to manually record the background arpeggio/notes you want as a user song.  However, there are multiple limitations with this.  First, of course, there's the task of manually recording each note you want.  Secondly, once recorded, you cannot change the sound of what you recorded.  Thirdly, this sequence would not repeat, so you would have to play and record this sequence for as long as any song you'd want to use it for.  And finally, when recording such a recording, you also have to record the desired style with it.  Therefore, whatever you record could only be played with that particular style -- and unless you want to set this background up for a specific song, you could only use one, unchanging variation of the style.  However, you would be able to change the tempo.
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: How Many Styles Do We Need ?
« Last post by mikf on Today at 01:26:47 AM »
Like most I was fascinated by styles to begin with, but over time I have really become a bit bored with them. I have gone back to piano playing on my CVP using only very basic styles to add to the playing. Drums, bass maybe some strings.  So I don’t need a lot of styles. 
Mike
Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals / Yamaha HS Speaker Recommendation
« Last post by rick76 on Today at 12:59:21 AM »
Hello. I read a number of recommendations for Yamaha HS8 speakers for Genos.
I have KRK 5’s and they are distorting when the bass is turned up on the Genos EQ.

While reviewing the HS 8, a number of reviews stated that they are too much for small areas.
I have a small area and am afraid they may have too much power. I am afraid that the HS7
(Which has a 6.5” woofer) might not be enough.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rick
Genos2 / Re: Saving custom registrations from SX900 to Genos2
« Last post by JohnStarbuck on Today at 12:33:05 AM »
Gosh Fred.... I've known you to be a HUGE inspiration of knowledge around here and play from your lead sheets almost every day. Best ever!!! I'd be SOOOO grateful if you could convert my registrations. I'm afraid I need a little guidance as to how to do it. I am guessing I need to copy from my USB drive to Dropbox??? Could you please give me baby step instructions on how to do. Thanks for correcting me about the converting software and it's originator.
Best,
John
« Last post by pjd on Today at 12:28:33 AM »
Best of luck!

Those Boss pedals are darned well indestructible. They last a long time. I forgot to mention the BOSS FV-30L -- it is smaller and lighter than the FV-500L. Only slightly less expensive, I'm afraid...

-- pj
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: sustain pedal
« Last post by pjd on Today at 12:22:45 AM »
helo eveyone i have a sx 700 that i have been playing for 12 months now.my question is i have one sustain pledal that i use. but i can add another one if i wanted to. does anyone use 2 pedals  and what benefit does it give you thanks

The SX700 has two pedal jacks. I use both jacks: a Yamaha FC-4A sustain pedal and a Yamaha FC-7 foot controller (expression pedal). The FC-7 controls volume and the FC-4A controls either rotary speed (organ voices) or sustain.

Chapter 10 in the SX900/SX700 Reference Manual lists all of the stuff that can be assigned to the two pedal inputs.

Hope this helps -- pj

Genos2 / Re: Saving custom registrations from SX900 to Genos2
« Last post by Fred Smith on Yesterday at 11:54:49 PM »
It’s not Michael Bedesem’s program, it’s Murray Best’s.

Converting your registrations using the program would take about 5 minutes.

If you put your registrations on a file sharing service, one of us can easily convert them for you.

Cheers,
Fred
PSR-E Series / i500 - can i use custom made arpeggios ?
« Last post by shirish on Yesterday at 11:46:05 PM »
Hello,
i500 has given long list of Arpeggios settings. However I want to play in a beat pattern which is not available which is built in.
Is there any way that i can create a custom made Arpeggio file that describes how the pattern plays and upload it on i500 ?
I guess it is not possible, but just checking with experts.

A custom made style file can be uploaded, but I dont know if Arpeggios can be created the same way.

Thanks,
Shirish

« Last post by shirish on Yesterday at 11:40:30 PM »
Thank you @pjd  @BogdanH @SciNote.

I agree with @pjd, controlling it with MIDI expression looks a bit dicey. Will need time to set it up and validate. I will park that idea for now.

I tried to go with touch setting to manage the volumes. But this is bit scratchy as my fingers are not trained on touch sensitive keyboard! So All  fingers do not apply similar pressure and so some notes are heard at higher volume ... for playing chords it may not be so relevant, but any lead is not sounding good. Any ideas as to what can be done for this ?

I will go for a volume control pedal with 2 line in and 2 line out, like the one @SciNote has described (Boss) etc. They seem fairly expensive though... Will post my experience with these pedals. Sweetwater have a couple of them available.

Than you for all your help.... Really appreciate you all.

Shirish
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk