Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Have a few gigs under my belt with the SX900
« Last post by DrakeM on Yesterday at 11:26:24 PM »
The Genos is bigger and heavier than the SX900. How good is your back and how big is your car?

Both keyboards can read a USB card. So the number of songs there is no limit.

Drake
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: What Does the .- before a style mean
« Last post by KurtAgain on Yesterday at 10:06:56 PM »
Unfortunately that can't be done on an iMac
Those .- files don't show up on a thumb drive when accessed by Mac

I don't have a Mac, but files with a dot at the beginning are hidden files on UNIX-like operating systems. These hidden files can usually be made visible. For macOS I found the following:

You can toggle hidden files on and off by holding down the three keys

shift-command-period

at the same time in any Finder window. This setting will apply across all your Finder windows.

I hope that this is of any help.

Kurt
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Have a few gigs under my belt with the SX900
« Last post by CPAC on Yesterday at 07:11:52 PM »
If anyone has experience with both the SX900 and Genos;

1)  I was wondering if playing live gigs is easier with one vs the other? 
2)  Is the SX900 a little easier to learn if this is my first yamaha arranager?
3)  Lastly, does the SX900 have enough memory/storage to have 50 to 100 songs in your list?

Thank you!
Chris
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: Free Chord Looper Banks for download
« Last post by Joe H on Yesterday at 07:00:41 PM »
Thanks Paul,

Those links are very helpful.

Joe H
Genos2 / Re: New firmware 1.04 Genos2
« Last post by sh on Yesterday at 06:52:08 PM »
But there is no a priori reason the style dynamic control
should not be savable in a registration. 
All the other knob and slider values can be saved
in registrations. I very much would like to see this fixed
via a firmware update: save style dynamics control
in a registration.

I can only second that. It may well be that others have different workflows but at least for me using registrations heavily with complex songs and simultaneous singing I can't change the dynamics during my performance. It would be nice if others would simply accept that instead of defending Yamaha or assuming that this functionality is "meant to be that way".

Also, for the sliders, I would be more than happy if the behaviour could be changed (as an option) as follows:
  • if no style is running the value should be taken from the current position of the slider immediately
  • if a style is running the user should decide via setting if the value need to be "catched" or simply taken from the current position (Genos 1 behaviour)

For me, this would save me a lot of unneccessarily moving the sliders during sound creation most of the time.

I hope that Yamaha is listening to their loyal users and enhance an already incredible instrument even further.

Sven
« Last post by dlepera on Yesterday at 05:12:27 PM »
Ron,

For a Windows PC this is kind of easy as I described and the method I used to blow away all mine.

I am not a MAC person so can't help there.

Here is another method that can be used and now I am speaking Android phone. Maybe IPhone can do the same. A trick I use as well.  Connect a USB or a Cloud Folder to the phone. Then in my case I use the resident Samsung File Manager to do a particular search. Example no quotes this time just   ._
  Once the file is presented to you simply display the details of the file and the path/file location will be presented to you. Once you have that, then connect what ever source you are using to your PC  Windows/MAC and go to that folder, find the file(s) and delete.

Hope this helps.  Note you can never go wrong with Chris's recommendations and solutions.

Good Luck!          dom
« Last post by overover on Yesterday at 05:06:02 PM »

Glad you found a solution, Hammer.

I eliminated the unwanted files on the keyboard but that was time consuming so I just stroll through to the good files.

Perhaps someone can suggest a go around ...

Hi Ron,

Please follow the links in >>> my post above. There are several apps for macOS to prevent such ".-" index files from being copied to the USB stick or to clean the stick of such files, e.g. the "BlueHarvest" app.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last post by RONBO on Yesterday at 04:50:34 PM »
Thanks to everyone who answered my question.  I found a good and simple
answer to the problem. I put the thumb drive in my Windows computer
and very easily was able to delete every file starting with the .- symbol.
When I put the thumb drive back in my PSR900 they were all gone.  The
entire process took about 10 minutes for over 2000 files.

Thanks,
Hammer

Glad you found a solution, Hammer.

I eliminated the unwanted files on the keyboard but that was time consuming so I just stroll through to the good files.

Perhaps someone can suggest a go around

Thanks

regards

Ron
« Last post by dlepera on Yesterday at 04:29:05 PM »
Hi Hammer.

In some cases and the one like mine I had them scattered all over in a number of different folders. How I found these was through the keyboard search(like you) when looking for a style for example there were these ".-' files along with the good files with the similar name. The next thing was the keyboard search limit hit the max limit(10 pages displayed).  So had to search many folders and thousands of files on the heavily populated USB to zero in on them. . Highlighted and deleted them on the Windows PC as to do it on the keyboard would have been too much work  as my list was  10 pages worth of them. Then once those 10 pages would have been deleted, I would still have had to do another keyboard search to see if there would have been more to display. So of course easier to do it all on the PC once and for all. 

So basically was asking, "how did you isolate your 2000 files" .

Thanks...                   dom
PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1) / Re: firmware psr 3000 HELP
« Last post by overover on Yesterday at 12:41:50 PM »
Hello folks,  I have just joined the site having recently bought 2 PSR 3000s to replace my well used, very frequently gigged (over 22 years) and now wearing out PSR 550 and PSR 740.

I have seen the various postings regarding the firmware upgrade for the 3000.  I already have 2 Smartmedia cards (both 128MB) and I have just arranged purchase of a USB Smartmedia card reader (arriving soon) so that I can download the 1.8 version firmware using my laptop (already done) and then install it on the 3000 using my Smartmedia card.

The question I have, is there any document or list of the upgraded features that the 1.8 firmware provides? Using the guidance given in this thread I checked out the firmware versions I have on both of my 3000s and they are 1.04 and 1.54 so they would certainly both benefit from an upgrade to 1.8.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.  Many Thanks. Mark

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Mark!

Please click on the following link to call up the PSR-3000 Firmware Update page:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-3000.html

There please scroll down to "Related Downloads" and click on the link "Additional Firmware for PSR3000/1500 ..." in your language. Extract the downloaded zip file and you will find three PDF documents describing the new features of V1.6, V1.7 and V1.8

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk