Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
I must have forgotten how to do something on my Genos2,
but after I press ending and the ending
is played  the style does not stop  but proceeds
to variation D which was flashing as the
ending played. The Yamaha-provided registrations (bonus regs)
do not do this and neither section D (nor any other
section) is not lit during ending. But I
cannot reproduce this in my own registration:
I cannot memorize an ending with all the variations
unlit. I appreciate your suggestions as to how unlight
a lit variation button when registering an
ending.  Thanks.
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Help for PSR-SX700 Legato
« Last post by hle812 on Today at 08:26:27 PM »
Hi all,
With my SX700, I'm not able to make the slide legato on Super Articulation voices or normal voices. I think I don't have a good settings to make it works. 

Thanks in advance for your help,
Hien
Genos2 / Re: Genos2 Price increase.
« Last post by jcgam on Today at 07:50:04 PM »
Congratulations!  I play mine every day and I love it to bits.
Genos YEM & Expansion Packs / Re: About Displaying Voice Types
« Last post by pjd on Today at 07:21:35 PM »
BTW, if you want to rename a file in the Genos expansion folder -- without YEM -- try USB storage mode. Genos Reference manual, page 162.

USB storage mode treats the Genos internal bulk storage like a USB drive. You can rename files using a personal computer.

Hope this suggestion helps. It seems safer than modifying the YEM pack database.

Take care -- pj
« Last post by pjd on Today at 07:18:44 PM »
The data in packages usually uses a special format without a clear extension, but in. I can see this one in the index
{5b64713a-e5ab-4deb-b515-cc8a4ee471c2} RockKit uvf.drum.y.user 2024-05-06T01:39:29 2024-05-06T01:39:29 S362
Can you consider modifying the uvf.drum.y.user? I'm not sure if I'm right

You can consider anything.  ;) But, you must accept responsibility if something goes wrong and the pack becomes unusable! Since this modification is outside the ordinary scenario, the risk is yours...

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I'm not Yamaha and Yamaha do not publicly document their software internals.

Good luck -- pj
Hello Everyone! / Re: Hi from Liverpool UK
« Last post by donmac875 on Today at 06:58:32 PM »
Hi from Florida in the USA. Welcome to a great forum. Plenty of experience and lots of willingness to be of assistance. Enjoy yourself with your new Genos 2 and don't be afraid of asking questions. Keep in mind... most of the dumb questions are those that haven't been asked.

Don
« Last post by hechuan on Today at 03:12:32 PM »
The data in packages usually uses a special format without a clear extension, but in. I can see this one in the index
{5b64713a-e5ab-4deb-b515-cc8a4ee471c2} RockKit uvf.drum.y.user 2024-05-06T01:39:29 2024-05-06T01:39:29 S362
Can you consider modifying the uvf.drum.y.user? I'm not sure if I'm right
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: I need help with multi pad!
« Last post by DrakeM on Today at 01:05:49 PM »
You don't need a Multi Pad but rather you simply need to "Cut and Paste" a similar sounding arpeggio into your MAIN A of the style and then play the songs chord progression yourself.

You would use the keyboard's Style Creator program to do the "Cut and Paste". Then you Save the style as a Custom song style.

Drake
Genos2 / Re: Genos2 Price increase.
« Last post by lvjlm02 on Today at 09:41:22 AM »
I have just received my new Genos 2 from Bonners music UK. They were advertised at £3999.00 . So they part ex’d my 3 year old psrsx900 for £1000 and I paid £1000 cash, so will pay the rest by interest free credit for 12 months. That included delivery and pick up. I decided to bite the bullet and get one for my retirement before any more price increases here
PSR-E Series / Re: Expectation of the PSR-E483
« Last post by SciNote on Today at 08:29:47 AM »
Well, as usual, there will likely be some more sounds and styles.  My guess, since the E473 was a pretty big jump from the E463, at least in terms of the workflow of the instrument and the onboard effects, that the changes to the E483 will be more evolutionary than revolutionary.  With that said, here is what I would LIKE to see...

A function to allow the sustain pedal to sustain the lower part of a split keyboard, if desired -- with the ability to save the choice in a registration

Upgrading the style section somewhat so, at the very least, there is a way to do a drum fill-in with only one press of a button without having to change style variation.  Additional variations would be fine, but not something I need personally

Upgrading the 6-track sequencer so that, if you make a mistake when recording, you can start recording a particular track from a specific measure, instead of having to re-record the entire track from the beginning

Additional registrations -- either additional buttons per bank, or at the very least allow for a Bank 9 and Bank 0, in addition to the existing Banks 1-8, to allow for 40 registrations instead of 32.  C'mon -- We've had 8 banks of 4 registrations for a dozen years now!  Computer memory is cheap these days!

Dedicated line-outs would be nice -- It would allow the the on-board speakers to be used as monitors while still allowing for external amps and speakers

Move the live-control knobs back to a position right near the keyboard!  Where they are now, if you are using multiple keyboards, one above another, if the E473 is on a lower level, then it might be more difficult to access these knobs.  Additionally, on my E433, I sometimes manipulate the knobs with 1 or 2 fingers of my left hand while holding down notes on the keyboard with other fingers of that hand.  This is impossible with the layout of the E473

And please, bring back the superior key feel last seen on the E433.  Since then, the key feel on the subsequent models, while not bad, just isn't as crisp as that of the E433

Now, out of this list, what do I expect to see implemented?  Zilch!

Now, Salman, can you please clarify -- What do you mean by, "Lastly, Yamaha will change the main frame like the lower model of psr-e433 or psr-e373"?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk