Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Genos2 / Re: Line out signal too low
« Last post by ugawoga on Today at 10:44:12 PM »
Hi

I found that the internal sound scource is lower output than my Focusrite6i6
Genos2 / Re: Serious problem with user memory GENOS 2
« Last post by overover on Today at 09:47:38 PM »
This is the second time I've had a serious problem with user memory.
2 within 2 months after turning on Genos 2 today, the user memory was completely zeroed. All midi and audio files are gone. I had Genos 1 and never had such a problem. I don't know what Yamaha has to say about this. Such a problem is a useless instrument. The entire repertoire was destroyed, a tragedy. This is the second time and I am an experienced user. There is a guarantee, but I will not get the repertoire back

Hi lut112,

It's always sad when something like this happens. But any data storage device can unexpectedly break and/or lose the data stored on it. Flash memory such as the eMMC chips installed in Genos models or USB sticks can become unusable "from one second to the next" for various reasons if you're unlucky.

Since you are an "experienced user", as you mentioned, you should actually know this and hopefully have appropriate backups on your computer and/or other data storage devices such as USB sticks, external hard drives or cloud storage services.

I recommend saving a backup (.BUP file) on a USB stick at regular intervals using the internal Backup function and archiving these backups on your PC and, ideally, on other data storage devices (a separate folder for each .BUP file, named with the current date). In addition, all files in the Genos User drive should also be backed up individually. The easiest way to do this is in USB Storage Mode. Here you can copy the entire contents of the User drive at once, so you don't have to copy each file type separately, as you do when copying directly on the keyboard.

By the way, many users format their USB sticks directly on the keyboard, as recommended. It is important to make sure that you don't accidentally format the internal User drive. Since a quick formatting method is used here, all internal user data would be deleted in seconds if "User" was selected for formatting instead of "USB1".

P.S.
I don't always have the most recent backups of my Genos2 data either. But I always copy at least newly created registration banks or other files changed directly on the Genos2 to the connected USB stick.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last post by lut112 on Today at 09:43:26 PM »
Of course, I have a backup from 2 months ago, but the current files are lost. I had Genos 1 for 6 years from 2017 and never had this problem.
« Last post by DrakeM on Today at 09:20:39 PM »
Yep, even with my PSR-S950, there is nothing on the keyboard's hard drive. I use the USER area only of working on creating a new style.

Everything else is on my USB stick and the keyboard calls up every thing from there. All the styles and registrations with no issues ever.

I just have to remember to make sure that USB in my keyboard before I walk out to do a gig. But I do have a 2nd USB with almost everything on it in my BOX of chords and wires.
Genos2 / Re: Line out signal too low
« Last post by wibem on Today at 09:09:07 PM »
Thanks for your help and all the hints. I use unbalanced cables (2m), my  gain level of all G2-channels are quite high and I even set the compressor output to a higher level. The comparison to another sound input source  (USB AudioInterface) , which is inbuild in the mixer , delivers a much louder output. I think that the noise in the G2 channels are the ones of the signal noise ratio. If the signal is too low, you must raise the output gain of the mixer to a higher level and at least the signal gets noisy. I don't think you can get rid of this inbuild noise. Of course it can be a problem of the mixer too. It's a Mackie Onyx 8 and I assume it's quite good and shouldn't produce this issue.
Best regards
Wilhelm
« Last post by bpsafran on Today at 08:53:50 PM »
I have 2 usb sticks in Genos2. Every time I create or
modify a song , style or registration, or
even a playlist, I  copy it to both usb sticks and
the internal memory. So both sticks and internal
memory have the same data.
The usb gets backed up to a computer
once a week or so.
« Last post by ton37 on Today at 08:46:21 PM »
Arrg.. surely a tragedy. I sincerely hope you have a recent backup (fingers crossed: and I realise that a backup is useles if you decide to leave the G2)...I guess you have lost your confidence on the G2, even if it is always a risk with all 'computer'-oriented hardware.
Genos Demos / Rock on .. the G2
« Last post by ton37 on Today at 08:30:33 PM »
Maybe it's time for a 'fresh' demo on the Genos 2 ?? A demo where the buttons are used a little more... they are there for a reason... maybe a bit too exuberant... judge for yourself:
url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0jWlqS9sek

Demo by Richard Vecchi (Fr)
 ;)
Genos2 / Serious problem with user memory GENOS 2
« Last post by lut112 on Today at 08:13:15 PM »
This is the second time I've had a serious problem with user memory.
2 within 2 months after turning on Genos 2 today, the user memory was completely zeroed. All midi and audio files are gone. I had Genos 1 and never had such a problem. I don't know what Yamaha has to say about this. Such a problem is a useless instrument. The entire repertoire was destroyed, a tragedy. This is the second time and I am an experienced user. There is a guarantee, but I will not get the repertoire back
Genos2 / Re: CVP709/809 Piano styles for Genos or Genos2
« Last post by Ryszard Bieszczad on Today at 06:48:01 PM »
Thank you very much, Drake  ;D
Styles are great and they will be very useful to me.
Yours faithfully.
Regards Ryszard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk