Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10
Genos2 / Re: SSS test
« Last post by soundphase on Yesterday at 06:47:45 PM »
Why don't you deactvate the insert effect for the left
in Reg 2 so it will exactly the same as Reg 1 and then try.
It is fully deactivated (all insertion effects are off). My comment was not clear enough previously and I changed it.

The main screen doesn’t display any insertion effect title above the rotary knob for both registrations. The rotary knob remains « active » (not « ghosted ») with a level of 30 for the reg2 although it is displayed « deactivated » (« ghosted ») with a level of 127 for reg1.

I can’t change the insertion effect level for reg2 …. as there is no insertion effect associated.

You can download the registration and see the issue.
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / usb stick disconnecting while playing
« Last post by Linos4 on Yesterday at 06:46:46 PM »
Hallo,

Ik was playing on mij sx900 with 2 usb sticks connected. Suddenly i receive the message that a usb stick was disconnected. After this message the usb connected again and i could play.
Genos2 / Re: Saving custom registrations from SX900 to Genos2
« Last post by johan on Yesterday at 05:23:50 PM »
I am afraid the Yamaha Registration Manager of Michael Bedesem is currently the only way to convert registrations from SX700/900 to Genos2 (a bit strange that the Sx700/900 can read Genos / Genos2 registrations without any problem). My advice is to look for a Windows emulator on your Mac or to use someone else’s Windows PC to convert your registrations. They might still need some manual finetunings afterwards however.
Genos2 / Saving custom registrations from SX900 to Genos2
« Last post by JohnStarbuck on Yesterday at 04:32:51 PM »
I have read many posts and watched videos on how to move personal registrations from older Tyros models and Genes (1) to Genos2. There is even a Yamaha media video which explains how to do it. But I haven't found any way to move (on hard drive and USB drives) from SX900 to Genos2. Some have mentioned Michael Bedesem's software to convert them, but they are for Windows users and I have a Mac. I have hundreds of carefully saved registrations (each named with several numbered changes) for songs that I would love to move without having to reset and save every one of those I love on the SX900.  I do agree that the keybed and voices of the Genos2 are superior, but my registrations on the SX900 reflect years of having and playing it since it was introduced. I still take it gigging and find it a wonderful instrument as well - lighter weight and onboard very nice speakers for small venues (and additional non onboard speakers where required.)

I really appreciate the expertise here and if it cannot be done, it would be best to know it from the beginning. I have updated the operating system (for both keyboards) and still working to add the Playlist for Genos2 of songs/recommended styles. I've seen posts on that, but in many cases, I prefer what I had on SX900 as registrations over this list.

Best,
John
Hello Pietro.

Very interesting.  I have just performed the following search on my keyboard and here are my resulsts.

1. My expansion area shows Africa, Europe, Latin America & Oriental so that we are on the same page
2. I did a search for the letter "a", then "c", then "b"  and "549"
3. All my searches in point #2 show.."The number of search results has exceeded the limit" of course - normal
       - I did get different results of course with 10 pages of them and all different every time.
4. Now I do a selective search like "altair"
5. My result is only 1 page now  with 1- Altair, 4-altair 494 and 4-altair 549
6. Did another search on "growlsax" and result was 4 pages, 3 full pages and last 4th with only 4 entries in it
7. Now with the Expansion button light on I selected my USB1, cleared my previous entries from point #6
    and did a search on "acordian". Result was an empty list which it should be.  I spelt accordion wrong
8. Did a search on my USB1 for "awtar" and got 3-Awtar 1G3 and 4-Awtar 621, so USB search working too.

This confirms that Mine is working fine and anyone can confirm my results to keep me honest.
  The only thing I can suggest is what you are planning and that is to redo, after ensuring everything in User is clean. Should show 1gb available space. I think the memory size is the same for SX900 as it is for my SX700.  Then do your thing and this time let it index again but twice.. Power off and on, index, power off and on a second time and let it index again ensuring that there is NO usb connected during that time.  Then check things out.  If that does not work, I will be at a loss.

As I mentioned I have no idea on the software logic so my workaround is only based on speculation. I have been trying to break my search function and I can't. It is still working great.

I have not had time yet to install the old version firmware provided to me to see if I can break things, but I still point my finger on those ".-E*" files as being my cause which broke things every single time when I had them on my USB with my styles. Once I cleaned them up from everywhere, I am unable to break this search function.

I will say one thing, though that I am not the only that has large number of files on a USB and good to see that it is also working on the SX900-why should it not? Just cumbersome for many unless you know how to organize your folder and do selective searches so that you do not hit the limit brick wall. An that message does not break anything as we have been seeing. 

I would love to put my finger on the exact trigger that breaks the search function. So the more we communicate the better more we understand.  I don't expect Yamaha to ever fix this issue so don't hold your breath for that one. However, I do believe in miracles!

Best Regards!          dom

« Last post by bpsafran on Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM »
Why don't you deactvate the insert effect for the left
in Reg 2 so it will exactly the same as Reg 1 and then try.
« Last post by soundphase on Yesterday at 12:59:08 PM »
Hello OverOver.

I can confirm you the STYLE checkbox is checked when I save my registration.

I attached a registration file containing 2 parts. You have to rename it (remove ".bmp" extension)

I restarted from scratch and succeeded repeating the issue.
I created a fully blank registration (all 10 are off)

Then I get the "DesertAdventure" style, chose OTS1 and saved it in reg1 and reg2.
On reg2, I chose "OrchestralMarch" style, and saved it to reg2.

In reg2, I changed the Reverb to "REVelation Cathedral"

In both reg1 and reg2 I changed all insertion effects (Assign part setting) to "Off/Through"
In both reg1 and reg2 I changed "variation effect" to "Through"

What I can now see
- on Reg2, Insertion effect level is deactivated but seen as activated (knob not « ghosted ») with a "30" level  for left, although all is off, and for Reg1 it is deactivated (« ghosted » knob with level 127)
- on both reg1/reg2, all insertion effects are "Off", but we can see the deactivated type which is not "through" for insertion effect > 16
- insertion effects are the same on reg1/reg2

You just have to play some notes (right hand) and switch between reg1 and reg2 alternatively

From reg1 to reg2, reverb is cut
From reg2 to reg1, reverb is not cut.

Regards
Soundphase

Edit: Attachment removed by overover. Please don't modify the file extension to circumvent our forum rules. To share files, you should upload them to an online storage service (e.g. Box.com, Google Drive etc.) and then provide the link to the file(s) in your post. Thank you, Chris (overover)
Hi, I've been busy these days, but today I was able to dedicate more time to my SX900. I confirm that the procedure by Dom, step by step, resolve the problem about the search funsion (with soft reset performed several times). Delete everything from user memory including expansion packs. Soft reset again, Keyboard left without USB for a couple of hours, firmware 1.11 installed again. Inserting the USB with styles (134,000 styles on board carefully divided) (don't ask me why. I have the same answer as Dom lol). To Wait the index again.
Indexing performed and search function restored and working. I'have is one problem, however, when entering the expansion menu (button on the right of the keyboard) and carrying out a search for voices, the problem is still present for the vce files, results are given that are no longer present in USB. The search for styles is perfect, the search for voices still presents a problem, both from the expansions/user, buttom in the right, both from display selected R1 R2 and R3 voice and using search funsion. All link shown in search works for the styles but not all for vce. Dom checks whether the search starting from the expansions menu (expansion/user button in the right, see photo B) works correctly. For my keyboard no work good. Now not have time for to study this, I will try as soon as possible to repeit the procedure with the reinstallation of the 1.11 firmware. Pietro
Yamaha Keyboards - General / Re: How Many Styles Do We Need ?
« Last post by Graham UK on Yesterday at 10:15:40 AM »
Over my 50+ years owning keyboards. No keyboard sounds it's best out of the box.
Manufactures set a middle ground for Style Part Balance and OTS volumes & DSP & Reverb/Effects.
This is to allow the user to make adjustments to his/her preferences.

Attending keyboard demonstrations you often hear people saying they have the same model at home but it does not sound as good as the demonstrators keyboard.
Nothing to do with professional playing we are TALKING JUST ABOUT SOUND QUALITY.
We all hear differently but I was privileged to work in Sound & Audio for a large part of my working life and was paid for doing something I loved.
If you are happy with standard factory settings then that's fine but you are missing out how good a keyboard can sound with a few adjustments.
PSR-E Series / Re: New PSR E383
« Last post by ChrisH on Yesterday at 09:17:49 AM »
Hi Toril

Agree with you 100% .. We moved onto a boat as house rentals were crazy so my SX900 was just too big and I sold it and got myself an E-373 .. great sound BUT everything points to it being a learning keyboard (I guess the "E" is for educational?)  I found that even playing for myself there is noway to transpose without stopping and using the function button and I really found just an intro/ending and 2 variations an absolute killer Never tried the lessons as I never needed them but I suppose if you are an absolute beginner it has it's merits .. You also cannot jump or drop an octave without the function button.  I ended up selling it and buying an OLD S650 cos it was closest to my SX900 but lighter and I was back with 3 intros 3 ending and 4 variations AND OTS ..Of course even though it's an old release it has transpose buttons right where I need them and I can import styles too (yes the styles even on this old one are SFF2) 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk