Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Genos2 / Re: Serious problem with user memory GENOS 2
« Last post by DrakeM on Today at 09:20:39 PM »
Yep, even with my PSR-S950, there is nothing on the keyboard's hard drive. I use the USER area only of working on creating a new style.

Everything else is on my USB stick and the keyboard calls up every thing from there. All the styles and registrations with no issues ever.

I just have to remember to make sure that USB in my keyboard before I walk out to do a gig. But I do have a 2nd USB with almost everything on it in my BOX of chords and wires.
Genos2 / Re: Line out signal too low
« Last post by wibem on Today at 09:09:07 PM »
Thanks for your help and all the hints. I use unbalanced cables (2m), my  gain level of all G2-channels are quite high and I even set the compressor output to a higher level. The comparison to another sound input source  (USB AudioInterface) , which is inbuild in the mixer , delivers a much louder output. I think that the noise in the G2 channels are the ones of the signal noise ratio. If the signal is too low, you must raise the output gain of the mixer to a higher level and at least the signal gets noisy. I don't think you can get rid of this inbuild noise. Of course it can be a problem of the mixer too. It's a Mackie Onyx 8 and I assume it's quite good and shouldn't produce this issue.
Best regards
Wilhelm
« Last post by bpsafran on Today at 08:53:50 PM »
I have 2 usb sticks in Genos2. Every time I create or
modify a song , style or registration, or
even a playlist, I  copy it to both usb sticks and
the internal memory. So both sticks and internal
memory have the same data.
The usb gets backed up to a computer
once a week or so.
« Last post by ton37 on Today at 08:46:21 PM »
Arrg.. surely a tragedy. I sincerely hope you have a recent backup (fingers crossed: and I realise that a backup is useles if you decide to leave the G2)...I guess you have lost your confidence on the G2, even if it is always a risk with all 'computer'-oriented hardware.
Genos Demos / Rock on .. the G2
« Last post by ton37 on Today at 08:30:33 PM »
Maybe it's time for a 'fresh' demo on the Genos 2 ?? A demo where the buttons are used a little more... they are there for a reason... maybe a bit too exuberant... judge for yourself:
url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0jWlqS9sek

Demo by Richard Vecchi (Fr)
 ;)
Genos2 / Serious problem with user memory GENOS 2
« Last post by lut112 on Today at 08:13:15 PM »
This is the second time I've had a serious problem with user memory.
2 within 2 months after turning on Genos 2 today, the user memory was completely zeroed. All midi and audio files are gone. I had Genos 1 and never had such a problem. I don't know what Yamaha has to say about this. Such a problem is a useless instrument. The entire repertoire was destroyed, a tragedy. This is the second time and I am an experienced user. There is a guarantee, but I will not get the repertoire back
Genos2 / Re: CVP709/809 Piano styles for Genos or Genos2
« Last post by Ryszard Bieszczad on Today at 06:48:01 PM »
Thank you very much, Drake  ;D
Styles are great and they will be very useful to me.
Yours faithfully.
Regards Ryszard
Genos2 / Re: Line out signal too low
« Last post by pjd on Today at 06:07:28 PM »
Hi --

The fact that you're hearing noise is concerning. I would try different cables first. Cheap-o cables aren't worth the trouble. Lately, I've settled on HOSA REAN as a compromise between cost, quality and reliability.

Yamaha designs their keyboards to produce 0dB FS when the master volume knob is in the 3 o'clock position. I suggest reading an article or two about "gain staging". The signal source (i.e., the keyboard) should be at 0dB, 3 o'clock. Then, all other settings follow down the signal chain from there.

It's possible to tweak the master compressor settings to produce a higher output signal, but increases the chances for digital distortion at the source.

Hope these suggestions help -- pj

https://www.soundonsound.com/glossary/gain-staging
https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/gain-staging-what-it-is-and-how-to-do-it.html
https://www.lewitt-audio.com/blog/what-is-gain-staging

PSR-S950/S750/S650 (SFF2) / Re: File request from PSR-s750
« Last post by overover on Today at 05:54:36 PM »
Hi Salman,

You can download the PSR-S750 Preset Styles by clicking the following link:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ov7fmljruwolvms2kk1cs/AGt57zLnoKPBFegCxSX-83U?rlkey=kpw6ga20cw02ter8nbwx1vbez&st=kr06jt0v&dl=0

Note that you don't need to sign in or register on dropbox.com. If corresponding pop-ups are displayed, simply close or ignore them and only click on the Download button (down-arrow).

Best regards,
Chris

PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: External speakers for Sx900
« Last post by pjd on Today at 05:45:20 PM »
I'm wondering if the "Yamaha Stagepas 400BT" worths (just for home use)?

Speaking of Stagepas, I play through a Yamaha Stagepas 100BTR every day. It gives a good, clean sound. It won't make your ears or hair flap in the wind, but then again, you'll save your hearing. :) Small, light and battery-powered. Might get a second one for stereo.

All the best -- pj
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk