Author Topic: Problem to copy T2 styles to PSR-2100  (Read 8880 times)

U-turn

Problem to copy T2 styles to PSR-2100
« on: July 02, 2008, 07:11:35 AM »
Hi !
I have some Tyros2 styles from here which i want to use in my 2100.
I'll ready unzipped the files with winzip, so far so good.
So when i tried to copy to my floppy disk, i've got message plopped up," you cannot copy this file the discmedia is unknown, maybe it's not formated".
I don't get it, that message what does it mean?
What's wrong?

I have a brand new external floppy disk drive plug'n play, i' don't have to installing drivers.
I even formated the disc  before i use it.
The styles are in prs files, like example - CelticTrance.S850.prs -.
I've tried to rename them .sty  at the end, but it doesn't work.  :(

Maybe i forgot something?

If anyone who knows how this works, please help me, i'm going to lose my mind :'(
Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 07:17:27 AM by U-turn »

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: Problem to copy T2 styles to PSR-2100
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »
U-Turn,

I suggest you use Michael's MIDIPLAYER program to convert the T-2 styles to the 2100.
The T-2 styles use Mega voices and they are not available on the 2100.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline maramsp

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:14:41 PM »
Google for yamaha style old format converter. This will work...
If you want to convert t3 and up, us style old format converter 2 for converting, and then use the first one to set things straight.

Greetings
Im still creating/converting/editing styles for use on all the psr and tyros keyboards that can handle custom styles.
If you have a request, pm me please, and i see what i can do
Also still recording songs, request? pm me :)
My picture is taken in Cura

Online MBedesem

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 05:09:22 AM »
U-Turn:

It sounds to me like a floppy issue.

Try to copy something else such as a small text file from Notepad. If you get a similar response, then it has nothing to do with the style file...

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

saint

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »
Guys first of all like to thank you all for sharing such valuable info and helping so many.I am totaly new to my PSR 2100 & seek your advice.I have some Styles downloaded from Calvinova and there are mulitple formats as Prs,Sty,Sst& Pst.I copyied those files on the floppy but when tried playing on the Keyboard they dont work.How can I use them?
Secondly I have an option at the back which says USB .Despite the driver being installed it is not detected by Laptop neither can I do any data sharing?I will appreciate if can get some help on this.

Online MBedesem

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »
Saint:

The USB port on the back is for midi communication. I suspect it needs a special driver. See page 157 of the Users Manual for details.

Note that later Clavinova styles  may be in style format #2 , while the PSR-2100 only accepts format #1. There is a style format converter, but it is a lot of work unless you know you really need the style. And it may already have been converted by someone else. There are lot of styles available on this site. Look there.

Regards,

Michael
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:39:50 PM by MBedesem »
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

saint

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 08:54:37 AM »
Guys thanks for helping out.I managed to download some really good stuff from this site.I am eagerly waiting to test it out over the weekend.I just want to ask you guys that I have also manged to get some Multipads as well from this site but they are not specific to any keyboard.I am assuming they would run on mine as well.?Further more all the Styles that are modified for PSR 2100 will I be able to use them in the same manner with Auto Chords with Intero and 4 Variations(Intero and than 4 options where the style changes and than has an OTS button)?These 4 Variations are also for MUlti Pads(Left Side Top adjacent to the LCD) as well or do I need to do some setting change on the Keyboard?

Offline Ed B

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
Saint
Just one further comment on what Ted has given you. You can add OTS using Michael Bedesem's Midiplayer if they are missing and if you run the style through this software with options for your keyboard it will set it up for the best voices volume etc.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html

There is also other software that can reduce the style size as well.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

saint

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 08:56:10 AM »
Thanks guys...I guess now I have started picking up but I would be bugging you all with my questions time to time  :)