Genos (12 Boards) > Genos2

Genos 2 multipad problem

(1/1)

ugawoga:
Hi
Delving more into multpads, things get a little strange.
When using the preset multipads all is ok It follows the chords of the style that you play.

So i set about recording two notes alternating for two bars in C for a synth enhancement.

All done, the first chord it plays the sounds just right which is D flat Major7th
When i hit the multipad with a G7th it is an octave higher than i wanted. All using chord follow no repeat.
I cannot find out  whether the multpads can have different inversions.

I am just wondering if there are certain limitations with multipads.
If i want  a different inversion have i got to make another multipad??

All the Best
John :)

Joe H:
John,

Try loading the Multi Pad into PadMaker-Midi and change the Code #.  The choices are 1 - 5.  We don't know what the other codes mean.  You may have to experiment to get the correct code for the MP to play as you like.  Check the PadMAker-Mid manual to see if there is an explanation on the codes.

Joe H

ugawoga:
Hi Joe
Thanks for your reply .
If I record in Genos sequencer the little passage of playing two notes alternativly.
It is the Synth twiddle in Band on the Run and sounds like ooweoweoooo on a moog synth, so mono notes.
I tried doing this in C on the Genos multpad sequencer and the first note is correct and the second an octave higher where as i want it lower.
I also did this in Midi padmaker and there is no  code changes in that. Style pad maker is not for what i am trying to achieve.
When i use presets they happen as they should so far.

The only way i can figure this out is to make two pads or use a split keyboard registration.
When i try to do this on one pad with chord follow it does not follow what i had in mind or the same as the original song.
With a style i believe casm sorts out the way that a chord plays and the chord it seems is affecting how the lead plays.
I am only guessing this as i have not gone into casms  etc.

I think I maybe asking the pad to do too much as i have checked out the hated doo-be-doos. "I hate them"! ;D
I need two or three notes to prove what is or what is not on second note on chord follow .
So from what i can make of that is, that you have to make another for pad for variations.

So it must be a choice of a couple or three pads  or use a keyboard split.

For Anyone Interested--

Apart from that recording midi into Cubase is a breeze , but trying to get controllers on the Genos to manipulate Cubase mixer is a horrible mess, unless you have a degree in how Yamaha operates the Genos. The Steinberg CC121 Controller is best to use.
If you remember the Style that you use and instruments for tracks after editing, you can save and reopen then turn to wave file or files ready to mix and master :)

All the best
John :)

Joe H:
John,

There is also a screen in PadMaker-Midi to edit notes.  You can change the octave for a single note or all notes as well as Velocity. Give it a try.  I think you can also do this on the keyboard using the edit Pad function.

Joe H

ugawoga:
Hi Joe
It would not do what i want if i changed the notes and come back to the first note, the chord will still make another sound different
it is like a no win situation.
I have to make two pads to get the desired effect as there is a variation higher and one lower or make a keyboard split
I have gone through a few presets and come to the conclusion that i have found that there is two pads in a set that have diferent variations when you use chord follow.
The thing is the first notes played correctly with chord follow and the second the notes are an octave higher than wanted
If i change the notes things would get even worse with chord follow.
Chord follow cannot decide which inversion that i want as it is part of a computer program so i really have to make two pads of the same pattern with the second pad playing the lower octive to Chord follow as it wants to play the higher note.
I am getting myself into a  Bruce Forsyth situation here . "Do you want to go higher or lower to play your cards right"!! ::) ;D "Good game"!! "3points"!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

All the Best
John;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version