Author Topic: Chord name that I could not figure out  (Read 682 times)

Offline shaky

Chord name that I could not figure out
« on: May 18, 2024, 02:20:31 PM »
Helllo all. What is G* chord ? I see on Sx700 screen.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline BogdanH

Re: Chord name that I could not figure out
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 02:59:16 PM »
That asterisk means, that this is unfinished chord and that additional note is needed to define the chord. For example, we see "G*" if we press G-A-B or G-G#-Bb notes (at the same time, of course). If we additionally press some other key, we will get actual chord.
In short: G* is not a chord -asterisk is telling us, that we can get a chord by using these three notes if we additionally press another key. By doing that we will usually get some weird chord  :)

The opposite is the case if we play i.e. G-G#-A notes. In this case we will see "Cancel" -which means, that we can not define a chord by using these three notes.
Btw. If style is running and we press chords that show "Cancel", then channels 11-16 (Bass-Phr2) will be muted until we press proper chord again.

At least that's how I understand all that.

Bogdan
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 04:20:03 PM by BogdanH »
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline shaky

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024, 10:16:49 AM »
Hi BogdanH,
Thank you for the clear explanation.Let me ask you another question please.
When I play my Sx700 , I play Am F  G chords , Sx700 showing the chords but if I transpose +2 it does not show like Bm G A
How can I resolve that ? 

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 06:06:58 PM »
hi shaky,
You're right: we always see chords that we're actually playing. That is, transpose doesn't translate chord into another chord -it only transposes pitch.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube