Genos (12 Boards) > Genos2

Serious problem with user memory GENOS 2

(1/4) > >>

lut112:
This is the second time I've had a serious problem with user memory.
2 within 2 months after turning on Genos 2 today, the user memory was completely zeroed. All midi and audio files are gone. I had Genos 1 and never had such a problem. I don't know what Yamaha has to say about this. Such a problem is a useless instrument. The entire repertoire was destroyed, a tragedy. This is the second time and I am an experienced user. There is a guarantee, but I will not get the repertoire back

ton37:
Arrg.. surely a tragedy. I sincerely hope you have a recent backup (fingers crossed: and I realise that a backup is useles if you decide to leave the G2)...I guess you have lost your confidence on the G2, even if it is always a risk with all 'computer'-oriented hardware.

bpsafran:
I have 2 usb sticks in Genos2. Every time I create or
modify a song , style or registration, or
even a playlist, I  copy it to both usb sticks and
the internal memory. So both sticks and internal
memory have the same data.
The usb gets backed up to a computer
once a week or so.

DrakeM:
Yep, even with my PSR-S950, there is nothing on the keyboard's hard drive. I use the USER area only of working on creating a new style.

Everything else is on my USB stick and the keyboard calls up every thing from there. All the styles and registrations with no issues ever.

I just have to remember to make sure that USB in my keyboard before I walk out to do a gig. But I do have a 2nd USB with almost everything on it in my BOX of chords and wires.

lut112:
Of course, I have a backup from 2 months ago, but the current files are lost. I had Genos 1 for 6 years from 2017 and never had this problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version