Author Topic: problems with registrations  (Read 2178 times)

Offline gskip

problems with registrations
« on: May 15, 2024, 11:49:23 PM »
Anybody experienced this problem?
I have been using registrations almost exclusively for years on my Genos with no problems.
Now all of a sudden the tempo doesn’t save, whether it’s a style or midi.
I’ve searched and tried everything I can think of to order avail. Yes, I checked freeze was off.
Maybe my board is showing its age?
Thanks
Skip G

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Offline Fred Smith

Re: problems with registrations
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 12:58:03 AM »
Anybody experienced this problem?
I have been using registrations almost exclusively for years on my Genos with no problems.
Now all of a sudden the tempo doesn’t save, whether it’s a style or midi.
I’ve searched and tried everything I can think of to order avail. Yes, I checked freeze was off.
Maybe my board is showing its age?
Thanks
Skip G

It’s not the age.

When you have a misbehaving registration, the first thing you do is re-memorize it. In your case, ensure the Tempo box is checked in the Memory screen. To be honest, I think that’s your problem.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 01:02:44 AM »
I agree.
Also, the freeze button is not about saving things (to registrations)... it is about freezing(hold) things when you change registrations from one to another.

Pedro

It’s not the age.

When you have a misbehaving registration, the first thing you do is re-memorize it. In your case, ensure the Tempo box is checked in the Memory screen. To be honest, I think that’s your problem.

Cheers,
Fred

Offline gskip

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 12:11:28 PM »
As I said, I’ve used regs for years and tried redoing them several times. The first thing I checked was that tempo was ticked and that freeze was off.
I have used freeze to save something like vocal settings across all registrations.
Puzzling.
 I’m thinking of copying everything to a flash drive and then doing a factory reset but only as a last resort.

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 12:56:30 PM »
Some thoughts on this, but haven't checked whether they can be relevant at all:
1) External MIDI clock?
2) Expression pedal set to tap tempo?
3) Do old registrations still work?

Kurt

Offline Stijn

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 01:07:25 PM »
I also have kind of a problem with Registrations. It's puzzling.
It sometimes happens that after editing and saving a Registration, the buttons (+ Regist Bank -) don't work anymore. I can't go back or forward in my registrations.
Switching off and on again is the only remedy.
This happened om my Genos1 and now on Genos2 as well.

I made several attempts to bring up the error on purpose so I could make a video of it - so far nothing.
Now I suspect that a corrupted registration may be the cause the problem.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 02:14:15 PM »
I also have kind of a problem with Registrations. It's puzzling.
It sometimes happens that after editing and saving a Registration, the buttons (+ Regist Bank -) don't work anymore. I can't go back or forward in my registrations.
Switching off and on again is the only remedy.
This happened om my Genos1 and now on Genos2 as well.

I made several attempts to bring up the error on purpose so I could make a video of it - so far nothing.
Now I suspect that a corrupted registration may be the cause the problem.

It’s true that the +/- buttons don’t function after you save a registration. This is a long time bug that looks like it will never be fixed. The simple solution is to manually load a registration. Then the buttons function properly.

But the +/- button has nothing to do with a registration malfunctioning. My registrations function properly. But whenever someone sends me a registration they say isn’t working, I take a look at it with Murray’s Registration Manager. It will tell you a lot, including what groups were memorized in each button.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline gskip

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 01:20:33 PM »
UPDATE : what I’ve done is write down tempo of each song/registration on my iPad.
Last night I set up for rehearsal for a gig today and- everything worked!
I still plan on saving everything and doing the reset. My history with computers tells me that over time hard drives can start showing glitches and I always did a hard drive  format and that solved the problems.
Maybe the Genos needs this from time to time.
Skip

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 02:32:03 PM »
Hi Skip,

If it is about the STYLE tempo (which is not set correctly), please make sure that the parameter "Menu > Style Setting > Change Behavior > Tempo" is NOT set to "Lock" (but to "Reset" (= default setting) or "Hold"). Please also see page 12 in the Genos Reference Manual.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 02:34:00 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)