Author Topic: Vconsole and Genos 2  (Read 2027 times)

Offline AndyB

Vconsole and Genos 2
« on: May 11, 2024, 01:00:14 PM »
Has anyone been able to get V-Console from Bee software to work with Genos 2? I had it working perfectly with Tyros 5 my previous keyboard, now exchanged the Tyros 5 for New Genos and can not find out how to set up the V-Console with the new Keyboard.  Beginning to wish I had just gone for the Original Genos, having a few issues with the Genos 2 a factory reset solved the strange touch screen issue, where some parts of the screen would not respond to touch. But we should not be having issues, with a £5k keyboard.

Thank you for any help.

UPDATE:

Got an email from John at Bee Software, he will be putting out an update for Genos 2 in a few days,
the Genos 1 midi template is NOT compatible with Genos 2
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 04:15:47 PM by AndyB »
Technics KN2000, Technics KN650, Technics KN7000, Tyros 4 SE, Tyros 5, Genos 2, NP30 Piano,

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline EileenL

Re: Vconsole and Genos 2
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 01:11:35 PM »
Did you calibrate your touch screen before you used it. I have had no problem with mine.

Offline Nickt5

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 02:36:13 PM »
I have it and manages to get it working
I use a usb cable connecting my table to my Genos 2 - have you got the midi profile for the G2? I think it's the same as the G1.

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 03:49:54 PM »
I have it and manages to get it working
I use a usb cable connecting my table to my Genos 2 - have you got the midi profile for the G2? I think it's the same as the G1.

I think you will find the Genos 2 MIDI template is completely different. 

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline AndyB

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 04:05:16 PM »
Bill is correct the template for Genos 1 is NOT compatible with Genos 2 Confirmed by Yamaha
Technics KN2000, Technics KN650, Technics KN7000, Tyros 4 SE, Tyros 5, Genos 2, NP30 Piano,

Offline AndyB

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 04:07:20 PM »
Did you calibrate your touch screen before you used it. I have had no problem with mine.

Eileen it was fine for a few days then, an area on the right side of the screen would not respond to touch.

Offline musicman01

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 04:21:44 PM »
Hi Andy,

V-Console v2.3 works perfectly with Genos 2!
If you are unable to set it up, send me an email and I will forward the midi templates.

The touchscreen works well after very gentle (touching) during calibration.

Regards
Luke
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 04:27:30 PM by musicman01 »

Offline terryB

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 04:59:59 PM »
Hi Andy, I have had Vconsole working with Genos2 after having a temporary solution from John Beesly and it involved a new template. I have not used it for a while so I need to get up to speed with what it involved before I can inform you of the method. But it sounds as if there will be an update coming soon.
There are a lot of new voices on G2 so I wonder if he will produce a new version for purchase.
Cheers Terry

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline terryB

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 12:28:30 PM »
Just had an Email from John Beesley, he has a new version for Genos 2 only with all the new voices etc, priced at £45 GBP with 15% off in his spring sale so £38.50.
Cheers Terry

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 01:00:20 AM »
Just ordered my update while the sale’s on. The sale finishes on Sunday

Russ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 01:35:02 AM »
Hi Mr Oxford

I have had a good look at the V-Console and it is quite impressive. A lot of button and pedal pushing, even doing the splits at the same time.
You would have to be super fit for that ;D
I now have made up my mind to go the Synth way with the Arturia Mk3 controller 49 full size key keyboard(£168) to control all of my Arturia Synths and other vst's. I was blown away with what that keyboard as a controller can do.
For me that coupled with Genos is the way that i have decided to go.
The thing really is not to get too tangled up with complicted things and have a simple workflow. It's what we all really want, but it never seems to work that way. I am still trying to figure how to get Genos faders to mirror in Cubase and i am almost there after watching a Dom from Steinberg video.
It took  a long time getting used to Cubase, but it all works out in the end.
Well, it is all a matter of choices and there are so many these days.
It looks like you can have a lot of fun with the V-Console :)
Check out that Arturia ;D ;D

All the best
Mr Swindon ;D-- Vanerama :) in 2026 "it's not Morfuni"!! :-[
I'll bet you will be glued to the box on Saturday ;) or at Wembley :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 12:54:17 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 11:55:55 PM »
Hi John
The V console is pretty impressive. I use it together with a lower manual and pedalboard. You can add several split points as wel as a lot of other stuff.

I’m more for an easy life rather than vst’s and synths. Horses for courses l guess.

I was at Wembley in ‘86, brilliant day. Watching it on the box this time.

Russ

Offline terryB

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2024, 08:48:52 AM »
I'm getting my Vconsole update on a USB stick, been having trouble with downloads.
Cheers Terry