Author Topic: Tyros 5 registrations problem  (Read 324 times)

Offline Dave PSR 970

Tyros 5 registrations problem
« on: May 10, 2024, 01:42:28 PM »
Hi to everyone,
can anyone help me with this problem?.
I have been using a usb with registrations on it for a couple of weeks with no problem, but now when I bring up the registrations and try to select on I get this on the screen
Current registration bank file changed.
Save changes? with the options of yes/no/cancel.
Why is this coming on screen and what should I do to be able to use the registrations as before.
As I am quite new to keyboards I don't want to press the wrong thing so I have just predded cancel and remove the usb.
Hope someone will be able to advise what to do.
Dave.

Offline KurtAgain

Re: Tyros 5 registrations problem
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 02:52:19 PM »
Hi Dave,
This message is displayed because at some point you have changed one of the registrations in the registration bank currently loaded in the keyboard.

You now have the following options:

Yes:
The changed Registration Bank is saved. You can freely choose the storage location, i.e. you do not have to overwrite the unchanged registration bank.

No:
The changes are discarded.

Cancel:
You've already done that and you know what happens: The changes aren't saved, but you also can't load another registration bank until you choose Yes or No.

The safest option would be to choose Yes, but choose a new location or a changed file name.

Kurt

Offline Dave PSR 970

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 02:56:53 PM »
Many thanks Kurt,
I will have a go at that any problems will post again.
Dave.

Offline ticktock

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 08:41:04 PM »
Hi Dave,
Seems like you own a s970. You need to do 2 steps when you make changes on RGT. If you miss the second, that message will display when you move to the next, even if you turn off the KB.
Step 1: Hit the memory button (next to freeze button), to save changes in each button.
Step 2: Go to Registration, menu 2, and save the RGT name.
Thanks - Ted