Author Topic: Help to Copy Registration  (Read 414 times)

Offline donmac875

Help to Copy Registration
« on: May 09, 2024, 01:08:47 AM »
As a newbie I began my “file” system and “registrations” in the wrong way. I am a beginner keyboardist and new to the Genos. I have not used Intros, Variations, Endings, OTS, or Pads. In addition to learning scales and chords I have been working on trying to get familiar gospel hymns to at least sound recognizable. In saving my progress with each hymn I have been using one bank of memory. That is, as I got to the point when I was ready to preserve what I had accomplished I used Memory #1 for the first hymn, then used #2 for the second hymn, etc until I had filled all 10 memory spots, all under one name “Hymns 1A”. Most of the styles I have used have no intro or variation. I’ve been trying to keep things simple while I learn.

Recently I thought I would try to add an intro or a variation to one hymn as an experiment. Since all 10 memory “slots” are full, I realized my mistake in putting them all together. Now I can’t figure out an easy way to copy the contents of that registration, one at a time, to another location. When I open “Reg Bank Edit” under the Menu for the registration “Hymns 1A” and highlight one of the Hymns and choose “Copy” under the “File” Menu, it takes me back the the “Hymns 1A” page. I don’t want to copy all 10 (I realize now that Genos thinks these are 10 portions of one registration).

Could someone tell me how to easily get the 10 different hymns out of the file individually. I suppose I could copy the Hymns 1A file 10 times, then go through those 10 copies, deleting all except one. Is that the only solution?

Don

Online DrakeM

Re: Help to Copy Registration
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 03:30:30 AM »
Yes, you figured it out. That way if you screw up along the way, you will still have the Hymns 1A reg to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:33:00 AM by DrakeM »

Offline donmac875

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 12:08:19 PM »
Yes, you figured it out. That way if you screw up along the way, you will still have the Hymns 1A reg to fix it.

Thank you. I thought there might be an easier way but I appreciate you confirming what I suspected. I’ll tackle them one at a time and see what I can accomplish by modifying the styles. Many thanks.

Don

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 02:29:16 PM »
To copy a registration:

1. Load your source registration
2. Load your target bank. Do NOT press any of its buttons.
3. Press Memory>target button.
4. Save the bank.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: donmac875

Offline donmac875