Author Topic: Questions about SX900 Bonus Playlist  (Read 481 times)

Offline herb

Questions about SX900 Bonus Playlist
« on: May 03, 2024, 05:48:29 PM »
Hey, I'm a bit confused about the SX900 Bonus Playlist. So, when you load a song from the built-in playlist "SAMPLE," like "Perfect," it comes with everything - the MIDI song, the score, the chord loopers, and the applying style. But if you load a song from the Bonus Playlist, you only get the applying style and the appropriate settings, no MIDI song or score.

I was thinking, "Great, this style fits the song perfectly!" But then I realized I had to figure out the chord progression on my own if I wanted to play the song...

Is that how the "Bonus Playlist" works? It only gives us the right style, without any other details?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 05:53:42 PM by herb »

Offline DrakeM

Re: Questions about SX900 Bonus Playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 08:10:06 PM »
Yes. If you need the sheet music, you can ask for it over in the Sheet Music section of the forum.

You might also need to tweak the style parts a little or you may even need delete one part of the style and build the missing section of the song yourself. Lately the Yamaha styles are created for playing to different but similar sounding songs it seems.

The following users thanked this post: herb

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 08:50:08 PM »
Remember that a Playlist entry is just a pointer to a registration file.

So when you select the playlist entry, the system will load up whatever was in that registration file. And the person who created the registration had a completely free choice on which settings to include in it - voices, styles, MIDI file, text file, etc.

That means when you select a playlist entry that you've not used before, you don't know exactly how much - or how little - you are getting. The main flaw I see in the playlist / registration system is that there is no way *on the keyboard itself* to tell which groups of settings are contained within a registration.
Genos

Offline herb

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 02:42:17 AM »
Yes. If you need the sheet music, you can ask for it over in the Sheet Music section of the forum.

In this case, it could be simply a plain description like "song name - style name" on paper, text file, or HTML page .....

Remember that a Playlist entry is just a pointer to a registration file.

In this case, it could be simply a registration memory for a song ......
Actually, I found,  yes it is.
It is in fact a registration bank file for a song (with only one memory) !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 03:13:16 AM by herb »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 03:51:19 AM »
In this case, it could be simply a plain description like "song name - style name" on paper, text file, or HTML page .....

Yes and that is what the Music Finder in the older keyboards always contained. But you could also put notes in the Music Finder data base. Things like what key you played the song in, search and sort by Codes for keeping the songs by gig set numbers. Search hundred of your songs from A-Z with the quick skip button.

I really hope Yamaha adds the Music Finder back.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 01:20:46 PM »
With Playlist it will store a lot more than Music Finder as you have seen with the examples on the keyboard. Although it only loads with one registration button lit you can then create the rest of the registration you want to use with this song. Also save a link to a midi file or lyrics and even multi pads you want to use. You then just save it back into playlist.