Author Topic: i500 - can i use custom made arpeggios ?  (Read 319 times)

Offline shirish

i500 - can i use custom made arpeggios ?
« on: May 01, 2024, 11:46:05 PM »
Hello,
i500 has given long list of Arpeggios settings. However I want to play in a beat pattern which is not available which is built in.
Is there any way that i can create a custom made Arpeggio file that describes how the pattern plays and upload it on i500 ?
I guess it is not possible, but just checking with experts.

A custom made style file can be uploaded, but I dont know if Arpeggios can be created the same way.

Thanks,
Shirish

Offline SciNote

Re: i500 - can i use custom made arpeggios ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 04:22:55 AM »
I don't think that is possible.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the I500 is a branch-off of the E400 series, and I've never heard of being able to load custom arpeggios on these keyboards.

The closest you might be able to do would be to use the 6 track sequencer to manually record the background arpeggio/notes you want as a user song.  However, there are multiple limitations with this.  First, of course, there's the task of manually recording each note you want.  Secondly, once recorded, you cannot change the sound of what you recorded.  Thirdly, this sequence would not repeat, so you would have to play and record this sequence for as long as any song you'd want to use it for.  And finally, when recording such a recording, you also have to record the desired style with it.  Therefore, whatever you record could only be played with that particular style -- and unless you want to set this background up for a specific song, you could only use one, unchanging variation of the style.  However, you would be able to change the tempo.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 04:26:57 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline PSR_E473 (Salman)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 04:56:44 AM »
 Hi Shirish welcome to the forums, creating an custom arpeggios on psr-i500 is possible but it may take a long time to do it but here is how; Firstly, record  custom made arpeggio into the midi file and converting it into a .sty format by using Jorgen's software called "Midi2Style" and using another software from Jorgen (which i forgot its name  :( ) you will change the NTTR or whatever that is of the style. last but not least, upload your custom style to usb and load it to your keyboard

Regards,
Salman

Offline shirish

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 09:35:06 PM »
@SciNote  @PSR_E473(Salman)
Thank you for your help.
Looks like it is not very straight forward to create a custom Arpeggio. And even if i use a sequencer and create it, it has many limitations.

So One question, please help - what is the relation of a .sty (style) file and Arpeggio file ?
.sty file will have a rhythm pattern, that the Arpeggio setting can use to create its notes?
I am not an expert at this, trying to learn. Thank you.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 04:40:15 PM »
You can record the arp and save it as a MIDI song file and convert it to a Multi Pad using PadMaker-Midi

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline PSR_E473 (Salman)

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 06:27:33 PM »
You can record the arp and save it as a MIDI song file and convert it to a Multi Pad using PadMaker-Midi

Joe H

I think that is impossible; PSR-1500 and PSR-E463 are alike and you can't simply add a multipad with notes written in it. Thus both keyboards don't have these functions

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 06:38:41 PM »
Yep, the I500 is like an "Indian-ized" PSR-E473. The "Riyaz" patterns are similar to the E473 "Groove" patterns.

One can load styles, but it isn't possible to load a new Groove/Riyaz or arpeggio.

The arpeggios are the same patterns used and re-used by Yamaha forever.

There's only so much that can be done with an entry-level Yamaha keyboard -- pj