Author Topic: usb stick disconnecting while playing  (Read 275 times)

Offline Linos4

usb stick disconnecting while playing
« on: May 01, 2024, 06:46:46 PM »
Hallo,

Ik was playing on mij sx900 with 2 usb sticks connected. Suddenly i receive the message that a usb stick was disconnected. After this message the usb connected again and i could play.

Offline DrakeM

Re: usb stick disconnecting while playing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 08:56:45 PM »
When the PSR-S950 first came out in 2012, there was concern about wearing out the USB port on the keyboard.

This is what I picked up and use a piece of Velcro tape to attach it to the keyboard.   

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UMLS/dp/B00BWF5U0M?th=1

I haven’t had any issues and I remove the USB stick several times a month when working up new styles.

Drake

Offline dlepera

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 10:33:00 PM »
Hello.

I use two things for my SX700.  One is a very short extension cable if I am away from home. Get the one with a 45 degree end that connects to your keyboard(if you have the space to connect them else straight connect is your only options) so that you never have to take it out for carrying in a case or worry about anything  bumping the connected end. And when at home I use a 4 port 3.0 USB powered hub with the ability to power up what ever USB I so desire. I use powered hub as i fire them all up at once sometimes for my own reasons. (note: follow the recommended Yamaha and forum behavior practice on how to use USBs on your keyboard, not my bad habits) 

Drake has a 2.0 and that is good . I just went with the 3.0 because a 64gb needs that extra kick for me with all the files I load on my USBs.  You can decide.  I considered the wear and tear on my Keyboard USB connection when I bought mine because I wore out one port on my laptop. Both can be purchased from Amazon.

dom
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 11:08:21 PM by dlepera »
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 11:03:49 PM »
I also use an extension cable.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page