Genos (12 Boards) > Genos YEM & Expansion Packs

About Displaying Voice Types

(1/3) > >>

hechuan:
I want to know how to display voice types in the extended folder. I modified the MSB so that it can display MegaVoice on 8, but something like S How is Art displayed?

overover:

--- Quote from: hechuan on April 30, 2024, 09:16:57 AM ---I want to know how to display voice types in the extended folder. I modified the MSB so that it can display MegaVoice on 8, but something like S How is Art displayed?

--- End quote ---

Hi hechuan,

Unfortunately I cannot understand the meaning of your request. It probably depends on the translation tool you use.

Apparently it's about the "Expansion" folder (in the Genos User drive), but I don't understand what exactly you want to do/achieve. Please describe it again in different words and in a little more detail.

Best regards,
Chris

hechuan:
I'm sorry that my description didn't make you understand. What I meant was how the installed Expansion voices display their voice types, such as S.Art

overover:

--- Quote from: hechuan on May 02, 2024, 04:25:41 PM ---I'm sorry that my description didn't make you understand. What I meant was how the installed Expansion voices display their voice types, such as S.Art

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification, hechuan!

I suspect that the Bank Select MSB value contained in the relevant Voice Set file is used to display the Voice Type (possibly in combination with the Bank Select LSB value). For example, as far as I know, S.Art and S.Art2 Voices always use MSB 8.

The file extension of the Voice Set file (e.g. ".sar" or ".sa2") is probably not important here, because the Voice should also work if you change the extension to ".vce", for example.

Best regards,
Chris

pjd:
Speaking of which, the MIDI definition of "Bank Select MSB" in the Data List offers a clue to Yamaha's conventions for voice numbering:

Bank Select MSB
  0  Normal
  0  S.Articulation voice
  8  Mega voice
  8  S.Articulation voice
  8  S.Articulation2 voice
 62  Custom Drum Voice
 63  Custom Voice
 64  SFX voice
104  Normal
104  S.Articulation voice
118  GS Rhythm
119  GS Normal
120  GM2 Rhythm
121  GM2 Normal
126  SFX kit
127  Drum kit

Yamaha had a tentative convention for XG voices, but they don't apply the numbering scheme to "panel voices" consistently.

Hope this helps -- pj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version