Author Topic: Recording separate midi or audio tracks as a multi record from Genos 2  (Read 284 times)

Offline jayfield

Im looking for resources/tutorials to multi track record from my Genos.Single track recording is no problem as is having  all of Genos instruments on one track. I would like to have drums, bass and keys on separate tracks either Midi or Audio as I play and record into my DAW which is Logic.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 03:27:57 PM by jayfield »

Offline lut112

Minimum 4-channel audio interface. Sub 1-4 audio outputs and analog recording in DAW

Offline jayfield

I can live with 4audio tracks quite well
Not quite sure what you mean by sub 1-4 audio outputs
Can someone please refer to setting up Genos 2 for multitrack audio or midi recording
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:38:18 PM by jayfield »

Offline ckobu

I don't know Logic, but the principle should be similar. This is a detailed video that describes how to record MIDI tracks separately in Cakewalk.

https://youtu.be/vjqUzC4DqnI?si=I4tmiBbVpJStpj4u
Watch my video channel

Offline jayfield

Wonderful!
I'll give that a peek
Gracias el amigo

Offline Amwilburn

Jayeson, you can either 16 track midi by using the Midi -> Multi recording.

The Genos2 is only capable of 4 track audio (2 stereo tracks) done in a ping pong recording method; which means you can record 1 stereo track, then while playing that back record another stereo track on top of that into the remaining 2 channel stereo audio, then repeat ad nauseum. This does *not* separate any of the tracks, and simply enables you to keep adding another "layer", albeit a non editable, permanently embedded layer.

The on-board Midi recording aka sequencing only allows up to 16, but yes, if you use a DAW such as Logic (on Apple) or Cubase, etc (even Garage Band, if you have a Mac) then you can record many, many more tracks depending on your version.

Mark