Author Topic: PSR-A5000 problem  (Read 194 times)

Offline Hani Michel

PSR-A5000 problem
« on: April 28, 2024, 03:24:25 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm in Cairo, Egypt.
I have this problem with the keyboard.

After a performance, suddenly on power on, most buttons are not working.
The display, the touch screen and even the sound and keybed are ok. I can play and change sounds from the touch screen.

The buttons that are not working are very "random".
START button not working, but its LED comes on if I press the sync start for example and the chosen style does work with I touch the keyboard.

This erratic behavior made me I assumed it needs a firmware update maybe because of a power glitch or something.

I can't update the firmware or Factory reset or enter TEST mode because START and MENU buttons are among the ones that are not working.

It does enter test mode but I have to press the not working START to execute each test.
"While pressing keys [C#2], [F2], [G#2] (C#2 major chord) simultaneously, turn on the (Standby/On) switch"
I got that from the PSR-A3000 service manual.

The joystick is working normal with the sound but as soon as I move it, it displays the movement on the screen!

I can't find a service manual/Schematic diagram for this keyboard.

The dealer in Egypt couldn't fix it and I contacted Yamaha USA who told me that they support USA only and asked me to contact Yamaha Japan.
I did that and found their support on an application called "Line" all in Japanese!!

Now my only hope is to find help on here.

Best Regards.

Offline Amwilburn

Re: PSR-A5000 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 12:14:19 AM »
That's correct, Yamaha USA is responsible for USA warranties, Yamaha UK is responsible for the  UK, Yamaha Canada is responsible for Canada. That's how most global companies work.

What's odd, is shouldn't your dealer tell you *which* Yamaha they have warranty coverage from? I'd go back to your dealer first. Yes there's typically only 30 days return or exchange, but the PSRA5000 has 2 years of warranty; and your dealer should be responsible for helping you get local/regional warranty coverage.

Unless you bought it 2nd hand?

Here's the region selector, if your dealer doesn't know anything it might help you figure out which Yamaha you're trying to get a hold of

https://www.yamaha.com/2/locationselector/?header#europe
It says Europe, but lets you select globally.

Mark