Author Topic: Genos Brazilian packs for Genos 2  (Read 645 times)

Offline AndyB

Genos Brazilian packs for Genos 2
« on: April 25, 2024, 08:57:54 PM »
Does anyone know if the Brazilian packs that were available for the Genos from the Yamaha Brazilian site are available for the Genos 2.
If not, does anyone have the packs installed on Genos that would be willing to save the styles out and make the styles available that I could load on my Genos 2. Thank You
Technics KN650, Technics KN7000, Tyros 4 SE, Tyros 5

Offline DrakeM

Re: Genos Brazilian packs for Genos 2
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 12:01:38 AM »
Hi Andy

Here are four packs of Brazilian styles. Hopefully these are the styles you are looking for.

https://app.box.com/s/4frmo8wkvi33k13wzbumjae7cmaap9jn

Drake

Offline AndyB

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 12:16:29 PM »
Thank you, I will check out the styles. The links to the packs I am after were origanally posted back in 2023, with links to Yamaha Brazilian site. But cant find any way of getting them on to Genos 2. As it says, there is no instrument to load the packs too, as it appears to only be for the original Genos.
Thank you very much for your help.
Technics KN650, Technics KN7000, Tyros 4 SE, Tyros 5

Offline RayClem

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 02:49:07 PM »
I believe the Yamaha expansion packs for the Genos were encrypted. They will not install on the Genos2 until the files have been converted for the Genos2. Fortunately, the packs Yamaha has converted for the Genos2 have been in unencrypted format. Hopefully, Yamaha will convert your Brazilian packs soon.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 03:10:48 PM »
I think Andy is looking for a set of Brazilian styles that were only offered on the Yamaha Brazil website.

I remember someone posted a link to the styles but I didn't download them at the time. I can't remember if I was blocked from downloading them because I live in the USA or maybe because they were only for the Genos and at the time I had no way to get the styles out of the pack.

I tried searching the Brazilian website and the Yamaha link to the Premium Packs no longer works.
https://br.yamaha.com/pt/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/software_apps.html#product-tabs

Drake

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 03:15:37 PM »
Bingo!!

I think these are the styles Andy is looking for:

https://br.yamaha.com/pt/news_events/2020/20201012_psr_sx_contest.html

Can someone with a Genos get all these styles and post them to share with the forum, please?

I see now the issue to downloading the styles is you have to SIGN IN first and can read Brazilian lingo.  ;D

Drake
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 03:18:27 PM by DrakeM »

Online overover

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2024, 04:12:51 PM »
The Styles of the Brazilian pack "Sertanejo PRO" can be downloaded via the corresponding link in the following post:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67517.msg509185.html#msg509185

I can't offer the Styles of the other Brazilian packs for download at the moment.

By the way, all Brazilian packs (protected .cpf versions for Genos1 and PSR-SX models) can be downloaded here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58734.msg455086.html#msg455086

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline kiplis

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 04:39:09 PM »
Yes, but not for Genos2?

Online overover

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2024, 05:25:22 PM »
Yes, but not for Genos2?

Hi kiplis,

As is well known, protected Yamaha Packs (.cpf) can only be used on a specific model. As long as Yamaha does not offer a Genos2 version of a .cpf pack, this pack cannot be installed on Genos2.

The styles contained in a Genos1 .cpf pack can of course also be used on the Genos2. But, as already mentioned, this pack must first be installed on a Genos1. Then you can copy the Expansion styles (in USB Storage Mode) and use them on the Genos2. (Some style parts may need to be revoiced, as the Voices of the Expansion Pack in question are missing in this case.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 05:27:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: kiplis

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2024, 07:00:23 PM »
The last statement on the page to Log In to get these packs states this:

This form is for Brazilian residents only. European citizens or residents cannot register.

Are you kidding me? That is board line "R"

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2024, 09:57:13 PM »
If not, does anyone have the packs installed on Genos that would be willing to save the styles out and make the styles available that I could load on my Genos 2. Thank You

I have a backup from G1 harddrive where some, or most of the Brazillian packs is installed / extracted in the Expansion folder.
The style files will play at G2, but in some there is missing sounds both in styles and OTS. Looked into the sound folder in backup, and could not see any there.
I can zip up and send you those files if you pass your mailadress in a PM to me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 09:59:33 PM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Online overover

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 02:38:41 AM »
The last statement on the page to Log In to get these packs states this:

This form is for Brazilian residents only. European citizens or residents cannot register.

Are you kidding me? That is board line "R"

That's what our forum is for: Some other users and I have now found the download links for all currently available Brazil packs and posted them here. ;)

Unfortunately, as mentioned, this packs are currently only available for Genos1 and SX models but not yet for Genos2.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 02:43:49 AM by overover »