Author Topic: Pad Voice NewAtmosphere No Sustain  (Read 314 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Pad Voice NewAtmosphere No Sustain
« on: April 25, 2024, 08:38:05 PM »
I cannot seem to get Pad voice NewAtmosphere to respond to the sustain pedal. is this an intrinsic property of the voice that cannot be changed? Or if it can be changed, where is that setting?

In the Sustain setting for Assignable, I have all four voices checked at the bottom, and Control set to Hold A.

I can accomplish something similar with the LEFT HOLD button, but I am still curious about the situation with respect this to voice and the sustain pedal.

Thanks…
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Pad Voice NewAtmosphere No Sustain
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 09:29:58 PM »
Yup, it appears to be intrinsic to the voice; I'm sure it's set to 'auto release' with each note with no sustain added because the decay is already quite long, and if it behave like legacy pads and strings (which hold indefinitely with the sustain pedal). Still, if what you want *is* to hold the sound, it's odd that they didn't really include anything other than left hold that accomplishes that.

I even tried changing the release to 63 (max) and it barely has any effect; they programmed this voice with this specific ADSR in mind,

Mark

Offline p$manK32

Re: Pad Voice NewAtmosphere No Sustain
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 02:24:05 AM »
When I really need a RH voice like that to sustain I switch to the second foot pedal set on Sostenuto in Assignable. This achieves the hold similar to the LH hold button. But then other voices layered with it that have short decay such as piano don’t sustain at all with the Sostenuto pedal. It depends on what voices you are using. I use this Sostenuto pedal for example with preset pipe organ/strings/choir combo without accompaniment turned on. I found that expansion sounds from CMS such as strings and choir actually do hold when Sustain pedal is used. But RH voices that do hold can make things busy sounding very quickly on an arranger.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 02:46:16 AM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+, DGX-640,  E373

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff