Author Topic: Genos 2 FSX keybed too heavy action issue  (Read 278 times)

Offline Vlada

Genos 2 FSX keybed too heavy action issue
« on: April 25, 2024, 07:30:59 PM »
I recently acquired a Genos 2 and while using it I noticed that the FSX semiweighted key action is too heavy and noisy :(  The action on my Genos 1 and Tyros 3 is noticeably lighter and nicer. I did a direct comparison with a colleague who bought a Genos 2 before Christmas and his action is noticeably lighter than mine - similar to my Genos 1.
I tried putting a 60g weight on the white keys as recommended by friend and on my Genos 2 some of the keys are barely pressed and some remain completely unpressed.

Have any Genos 2 owners noticed a similar problem?
Could someone try the 60g weight test as well?
If it's just a problem with my piece, or a feature of newer production pieces.

I have a problem when playing fast passages where the playing becomes tiring and I am not able to play quickly and precisely. In addition, when the keys are released quickly, they make a loud impact noise against the structure and are felt by the resistance of the spring. I have never had such a problem with Genos 1 and it is very pleasant to play and without fatigue.

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Genos 2 FSX keybed too heavy action issue
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 08:04:51 PM »
The Genos1 and the Genos2 have the same keys. There's literally no key difference from my display Genos 1 or display Genos 2 keys. (the differences all lie elsewhere!)

The fact that you tried your colleague's G2 and it felt like you expected it to, tells you there's something off about yours. I'd go back to your dealer,

Mark