Author Topic: Chet Atkins for Genos  (Read 489 times)

Offline Hennry

Chet Atkins for Genos
« on: April 23, 2024, 02:51:58 PM »
Here’s a challenge!
I’ve been a Chet Atkins fan for many years and I thought it would be nice if I could get something, if only vaguely, like his Gretsch guitar sound on my Genos. Try as I might, I can’t get close. Anyone got any editing suggestions?

Re: Chet Atkins for Genos
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 03:15:16 PM »
Chet Atkins fan here, too Hennry!

Before trying to get any particular sound, so much depends on which speakers you use with your Genos. I use two Bose Pro 8 speakers. For his guitar sound, I use the Jazz guitar sounds with a little more treble added through the EQ section of the mixer. Can you describe your system?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Hennry

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 10:20:02 AM »
Thanks for that, Lee.
My son is donating a pair of B & W floor speakers when he moves in the near future. I’ve heard them with his various keyboards and hi fi, and they sound fantastic. For private listening I want to use my headphones,  Sennheiser HD 280 PRO.
At the moment I use quite powerful retired hi fi speakers, but they sound pretty good.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 12:49:37 PM »
Glad to help, Hennry.

Those speaker will work fine. Be careful using hi fi speakers though. A lot of them are not designed to handle sudden transient sounds that musical instruments play. Damage could occur.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Hennry

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 03:10:13 PM »
So, if I experiment with the treble on jazz guitars I should get a good sound. I’ll try it out tonight when I get home

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 06:06:56 PM »
Agreed, Hennry.

I can't adjust my styles or voices on my Yamaha studio monitors in my home. I must set up my performance system in my basement and make the adjustments through the exact gear I use on stage. Even then, I must make small adjustments in the places I play because every room is different. At least you only have one room to deal with 😀. Good luck and let us know it turned out.