Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

pitch bend

(1/9) > >>

werikas3210:
  I am asking for your help. I have a yamaha Tyros4, the Pitch bend broke half a year ago. When I play the accompaniment on the left side of the keyboard, the right side of the keyboard a semitone above does not match the accompaniment. I can only play normally when I set Pitch bend to 0 in the settings. Maybe someone has encountered this fault, before Pitch bend worked fine. I am looking forward to hearing from you, thank you if you can help.

overover:
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, werikas3210!

The Tyros4's Pitch Bend Wheel assembly contains a spring that automatically returns the PB Wheel to center position when released. I suspect that this spring is damaged and/or no longer in the correct position.

I recommend having the Wheel assembly inspected by an experienced keyboard technician, preferably an authorized Yamaha service center.

See also the attached screenshot (from the Tyros4 Service Manual). You will also find the relevant spare part numbers there.

Best regards,
Chris

DrakeM:
I had to have my pitch wheel replaced about 4 or 5 years ago. I took it to an Authorized Dealer and he had no problem getting the parts to replace the wheel. As I recall it was $160.

The issue was not the spring but the Wheel. The hole in the center of the wheel had enlarged and was no longer round. The Dealer asked me, "What I did to get it like that?" I smiled and told him I play Country music and I am bending a lot of guitar and pedal steel guitar notes with the wheel.  ;D

werikas3210:
  Thank you very much for your answers. I don't have a pitch bend wheel, and the spring is returning to the centre position. I have opened the hull of the tyros4. The nearest yamaha dealer is in Riga. I am from Lithuania, so for me the distance to Riga is over 500km. I am waiting for more answers from forum members. I am asking for help, because Tyros4 is my dream instrument.

BogdanH:
hello werikas,
My guess would be that the potentiometer has worn out ( 10kOhm rotary variable resistor -item 60 on picture that Chris provided). I think it should be no problem to find it in local store and replace it. Take the old one with you to make sure that physical size matches.

Bogdan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version