Author Topic: Question about Style Creator Tyros  (Read 330 times)

Offline Fran MB

Question about Style Creator Tyros
« on: May 03, 2024, 06:41:34 PM »
Hello,

I have a question regarding the operation of the style creator of the Tyros series. Specifically, my question is whether a style can be created/modified by assigning a tempo to the intro and a different tempo to the mains. I've tried it but when I change the tempo in any of the parts and hit save, it always saves the last option, assigning the same tempo to all the sections and intros.

Thank you so much.

Regards.

Offline DrakeM

Re: Question about Style Creator Tyros
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 08:03:30 PM »
For what you are trying to do, the easiest thing to do is to use a Registration.

Save the tempo into the Registration at the #1 slot and then add the other tempo at slot #2 and NAME it something and save the Registration .

The following users thanked this post: Fran MB

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 08:52:50 PM »
Just to add a little to Drake's answer - you cannot have different tempos applied to different sections within the style. The *only* way to achieve what you want is using either different style files (bad idea really) or the same style file included in several registrations each with a different tempo / section selected.
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 09:14:19 PM »
... I have a question regarding the operation of the style creator of the Tyros series. Specifically, my question is whether a style can be created/modified by assigning a tempo to the intro and a different tempo to the mains. I've tried it but when I change the tempo in any of the parts and hit save, it always saves the last option, assigning the same tempo to all the sections and intros. ...

Hi Fran,

As already mentioned, I recommend working with registrations, i.e. a registration bank with several registrations for the individual parts of a song.

If you don't want to work with registrations, you can use the "Style Tempo Editor" program, developed by our forum member Jørgen Sørensen. With this (Windows) program you can set a different Tempo for each Style Section (called "Part" in this program).
>>> http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stytempo/index.htm

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 09:18:33 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 11:24:30 PM »
The issue with using the "Style Tempo Editor" is once you SAVE the style, you can not edit any of it in the keyboard's "Style Creator" program. The style will change all the different Tempos to ONE speed if you try to edit it in anyway. 

I used it once and still do use the custom style I made with it, but it could sound even better if I could adjust and balance the volume on each of the style parts in it. I currently have a NOTE on my lead sheet to turn the style's volume down to 60. 

I have since found and use a Registration as the easiest and most effective way to go.   ;)

Drake

Offline Fran MB

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 05:58:07 AM »
Hello Chris, Derek and Drake.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Using the memory banks to assign different tempos to each section was the only idea I could think of and had tried.

With your experience you have confirmed to me that it is the most effective way, so I won't keep trying to change the tempo from the Tyros Style Creator.

Chris, interesting program, I didn't know it.

Thank you all very much again.

Best regards!

Fran.