Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Listening to Styles

(1/5) > >>

adrianed:
Hi folks,
I have put together a large A to Z list of song styles but just looking at them on computer doesn’t tell us how they sound, many are a similar amount of K/bytes size
Can I play them somehow before putting them on the Keyboard Hdd to test how they sound
Can the keyboard be connected to the computer for this job of editing and listening
Any ideas would be helpful
Adrian

mikf:
Adrian, you certainly have to play them on the arranger to hear how they sound, and drive them by playing some chords ……so there really is no way round that. For me, the fastest way is to download a batch on to a usb memory and do that.  Even if you could connect your computer, you would still be transferring the files to the keyboard and would that really be any less work than just using a usb memory stick to do the file transfer?
Mike

KurtAgain:
You can connect your keyboard to your PC via USB. And on a Windows PC you have to install Yamaha's USB-MIDI-Driver.

Now you can use one of these programs to listen to a style: MixMaster, MidiPlayer or MIDI and Style Player. You can find the download links here: https://psrtutorial.com/util/index.html

But you only get a first impression of the style. To get the full impression, you have to do it the way Mike describes it.

adrianed:
Thanks Mike,
That’s the way it will have to be then, play them on the keyboard from the usb and use the keyboard to delete the worst ones, there are about 6000 of them
Thanks again,
Adrian

adrianed:
Thankyou KurtAgain,
I shall have to bite the bullet and spend many hours editing them on the keyboard, I was just hoping for a quicker method
Adrian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version