Author Topic: Need help with MIDI file  (Read 733 times)

Offline boowho

Need help with MIDI file
« on: April 05, 2024, 02:55:41 AM »
If there is anyone what understands what's inside a MIDI file,

and wouldn't mind taking a quick look at the one I've attached, I would be eternally grateful.

It's named a .bmp file, but it really IS a midi file.  Had to rename to .bmp to get past the attachment name restrictions imposed by this board

Thanks ever so much

Boowho??

Edit: Attachment removed by overover. Please don't modify the file extension to circumvent our forum rules. You should upload attachments to an online storage service (e.g. box.com, Google Drive etc.) and then provide the link to your file(s) in your post. Thank you, Chris (overover)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 08:48:53 AM by overover »

Offline overover

Re: Need help with MIDI file
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 09:32:36 PM »
Hi boowho,

Before I removed the attached file from your post, I downloaded it and opened it in a text editor on my computer. This is definitely NOT a MIDI file, but probably a DLL file, i.e. a binary file that is used on the computer in conjunction with other software. This file may even contain malicious code. I strongly recommend that you delete this file from your computer.

Also see the attached screenshot (shows part of the code contained in this file).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 09:34:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline boowho

Re: Need help with MIDI file
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 03:17:08 AM »
Thanks ever so much Overover

I do know what DLL's are...

Boowho??