Author Topic: Re: Compressor Setting not saving  (Read 449 times)

Online dlepera

Re: Compressor Setting not saving
« on: May 08, 2024, 05:49:54 AM »
Hello.

I am wondering if there is a way to save the Compressor settings on my SX700.  I make changes to the settings and even if I save them to the USER* after a power off/on, they default to factory setting.
  Is this normal behavior?

Example:  Set Compressor "ON" Rich,  Output to 77, then save to USER1.
                   Power off/on, check Compressor settings and see USER1, but Output defaults to 62.
                   Have no idea if the compressor is in Rich mode.  How do I display the true status of USER1?

dom
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline Lacko

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 08:36:54 AM »
Hi dom,

look into Utility > Parameter Lock, if there is Master EQ not checked. If yes, uncheck it and save your settings.

Lacko

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 04:04:48 PM »
Hello Dom

Try saving USER 1 to a different name, if you haven't already done so.

e.g. DOM"S SETTING. Just a thought

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Online dlepera

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 02:54:14 AM »
Hello.

Following your advice Lacko, the Master EQ did have a check mark, so unchecked it. Made my changes to "rich" and "output 79" and saved it to USER1.  Powered off/on and yes the USER1 is displayed but the "output" is reset to 62 default value.

Ron also tried your suggestion to save as DOM1 and seems it only keeps it for the powered on session. Once I power off/on DOM1 gets wiped out, and defaults to USER1. Seems to me that the only names kept are the default USER1-30.  Silly for the software logic to present the Keyboard and even give me the ability to change the name and save under a different name when it will not keep it on the next power on cycle.

I tried to save "compression", "texture"  values as well and they too always default back just like "output"

I have no idea on the purpose of the save. Still there is no way t0 display the values after a save.

Unless I am way way way out in left field on the purpose of this compressor logic I honestly think that this is more of that very odd software logic .

I have gone to utube and other than Casper's 17min video I am no further ahead understanding it's purpose.

All I want is to save the "output" setting to 79 for my keyboard so that I do not have to keep doing it every time I power it up. If the answer is "it can only be changed during the powered on session, and not saved", then I am fine with that. 

Does anyone know or even us it?

dom

Offline Lacko

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2024, 07:12:31 AM »
Hi dom,

some time ago there were more discussions here about EQ and compressor settings called GOLD (if I remember well). Meybe you can find an answer there.

Lacko

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Online dlepera

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 01:24:58 PM »
Hi Lacko.

Unable to find anything and not much out there on this topic. I guess at this point I just live with this behavior. 

Thanks.             dom

Offline Lacko

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 05:31:04 PM »

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Online dlepera

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2024, 01:31:06 AM »
Hi Lacko.

Good read for me.  My SX700 does not have "GOLD" hence the settings and ranges to not pertain to me. However I have gotten some ideas and something to play with now. I still do not know why we can't save the new compressor settings but that is fine.  Thanks you.

Regards.       dom