Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

make beautiful sound sets

(1/5) > >>

georges:
Hello everyone.
I'm asking a somewhat original question, but I hope I get some answers. Since I have a Genos, and he's a fantastic arranger, I often do orchestral type compositions. This means that my creations are very powerful in sound and I occupy all possible channels, right, left, pad etc.
they are often symphonic in form.
so I would like to know if there is a tutorial, a video, or comments that allow me to know:
what instruments can be programmed together to have a beautiful overall orchestral output?
In fact I would like to avoid making mistakes with instrument connections that don't sound good together.
Is there a table or tables that allow you to see beautiful instrument associations?

for example: the memory registers created by Yamaha present a beautiful set of sounds

I thank you friends

mikf:
Georges
I think you are looking for advice in the wrong place. You need to look into tutorials on orchestral arranging. What instruments sound good together or not is a musical thing rather than a keyboard or electronic device thing. And also what sounds good is often dependent on what they are playing rather than any formula, and is often in the ear of the beholder, to paraphrase a well known saying.
This is the whole art of arranging. Orchestral arranging is something that takes time, training and talent. 
Mike

andyg:
I agree 100%. It's not the instrument, it's the skills of the person doing the arranging and orchestration that are important here, for the reasons mikf mentioned. It's not something that's easy, or that comes naturally to many people, and it takes time to develop those skills. I've been playing pro for 54 years and I would not consider myself to have all the skills I'd like to have. I have arranged and orchestrated at a symphonic level more than a few times, for live performance on a digital organ like my Roland AT900 Platinum, but that pales into insignificance compared to what I'd have to do with a real symphony orchestra. I'd need some help with that, for sure!

Once you have mastery of those skills, at least to the level that you aspire to, you then need to develop a second skill set, that of using the keyboard, its sounds, voices and functions to realise those orchestrations.

georges:
Thank you gentlemen for your very competent responses. However, perhaps I should have been a little more specific in my question. In fact I agree that knowing how to compose an orchestration is a profession, for which it takes years, like all professions which relate to art, music, literature. I totally agree with all of you. my question was how to compose an orchestration to avoid an elementary error, for example that of coupling an organ and a percussion like a bongoafrican
When I asked this question it was because I attended symphony shows, where the songs and singers are POP music artists, like Jonnhy Haliday who unfortunately died today. Their music, their composition, which was made for disco pop, has become symphonic works. And where he does songs with guitars, their songs are performed with violins, brass instruments, etc., and it's very beautiful. I do not have the pretension, nor the ambition to do like these conductors, I am a modest musician, but I think that with a little effort and advice, I could do other than select my voices, and try to do it a little differently, make it a little more beautiful. This will be my goal, and to remain very modest.
I thank you for your answers

overover:
Hi georges,

You could analyze the instrumentation of (preset) Styles or good-sounding MIDI Song files in the genre you want (e.g. used voices, volumes, effect settings in style parts, OTS and MIDI file parts). You can do this directly on the keyboard (Mixer display) or, for example, on the PC in the “MixMaster” program.

By the way, you can find many free orchestral type MIDI files on the Internet where you can study the instrumentation (but unfortunately also a lot of useless junk MIDI files...).

Best regards,
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version