Author Topic: Audio recording output is weak  (Read 398 times)

Offline wibem

Audio recording output is weak
« on: May 25, 2024, 07:27:08 PM »
I' ve recorded some audio via the inbuild USB audio interface of the Genos 2. Although I 've set the input level during the audio recording to the highest possible level , the playback loudness is quite weak. If I want to play with the accompaniment of the audio with the keyboard, I had to set the voice level down to about 50, which is quite low. Can I do anything to get a higher playback level of the audio recording?

Offline Toril S

Re: Audio recording output is weak
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 09:26:12 PM »
Record the audio using the audio recorder. If not happy with the result, use Audacity to edit😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

Re: Audio recording output is weak
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 09:40:06 PM »
Hi
I also think that the Genos 2 audio output is not fantastic.
I use a Focusrite 6i6 and audio from that is great

All depends how serious you want to record audio is what it comes down to.
It is all the same these days with products that have multi-things built in.They average out the cost of components.
It is like hi-fi . Separates are better than the all singing and dancing so called hi-fi's.

The quality of the sound from genos is great and if you invest in a daw like Cubase you can use compression, limiting, to make the sound come up to say Cd equivilent mixing and mastering. I'm still not perfect at it but i am having a good go at it and slowly everything starts to improve once things click in. I am 73,  going for it as it keeps the brain cells active.

All the best
John :)
You could go the cheap way and use Audacity. It is good at what it does but as i said, it is all down to how serious you are about recording.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 09:46:19 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox