Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

Using speaker outputs intended for GNS-MS01

(1/2) > >>

tomsx700:
Hi, I have just acquired a Genos 1. I am trying to connect my powered studio monitors to the left and right speaker inputs intended for the GNS-MS01 system. Is it a special cable? I have searched the manual and checked out the Line Out in the menu. I want to have monitors so I can hear my keyboard AND connect to a PA system for the audience. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, TOM

EileenL:
You can not do this. You will probably damage the keyboard if you try. They must go through line out. Why not use headphones to monitor your sound.

tomsx700:
Hi Eileen, I don't want to use just headphones. I primarily play in church, so I need to also be aware of the ambient sound in the church and from the congregation. Also, being a "play be ear" person, I need to hear the keyboard clearly mixed with the PA. I know it's confusing. Thank you for your input. I think I can use the headphone jack to connect to my monitors and use the line out for the PA.
Cheers, TOM

pjd:
Hi Tom --

Not so much damage to the keyboard, but the Genos subwoofer/satellite speakers are designed to work as a system. Looking at the design, I don't believe it's possible to get a satellite speaker signal without the subwoofer! Plus, Yamaha are quite good about specifying output signal levels. The signal to the satellite speaker is not LINE level and I would fear damage to your monitors...

I play in church, too, and route headphone OUT to a close-by monitor. In my case, I use a BOSE Soundlink Color II. It's just enough so I can hear myself in the general din of voices and instruments.  :D I send MAIN OUT to the church's PA.

Hope this info helps -- pj

tomsx700:
Hi pjd,
Thank you for your reply. It sounds as though you have the same church situation. I think I will set up as you have. I'll use the headphone out to monitors and save L/R and R for the PA system.
Greatly appreciated.
Thanks, TOM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version