Genos (12 Boards) > Midi Song to Style Application

SOLVED: Midi Song to Styles problem

(1/7) > >>

Fran MB:
Solution provided by Bogdan (on the messages below):

"Select that SFF1 style on your keyboard and open it with Style Creator. Select RHY2 channel and then open PARAMETER tab. There you need to change NTT to BYPASS (that's proper setting for every DrumKit!).
Apply this RHY2 setting in all variations (Fill-in, Main, etc.)"

Edited to a short version with additional information

Hello everyone,

My name is Fran.

I've started using Yamaha's "Midi song to style" program and I have a problem that I can't find a solution to.

In "easy" mode, I create a style from a MIDI file, convert it to SSF1 with the "Style Format 2 Converter" software and load it via USB into the Tyros 2.

The style works correctly, leaving aside possible tonal errors in "intros", and the assignment of "mains", etc that it does automatically.

But when I play the style on the Tyros and change chords, especially to minor, or sharp, the rhythm of the style changes time signature, non-harmonic drum beats appear, and even effects are Heard of sounds that didn't exist before in the previous chord (like applause to explain it in some way, and other strange sounds).

I rule out bad programming of the original MIDI file, as I have tried about 50 midi, from different sources, and the result is always the same.

I've thought that maybe the error occurs when changing from SSF2 to SSF1 format.

- Channel 10 is correctly asisigned as a instrument "drumkit" in the channel Rhym (1 or 2). If I change the drumkit for other perscussion sound, in the program or in the keyboard, it doesn't solve the problem.

-Channel Chd1 and Chd2 are correctly assigned to a suitable instruments.

-When I play the style in the Tyros but without the "Acomp" button pressed, the style works perfectly (but with no chords of course), and when pressing the keys that did produce that applauses, etc, now they don't sound at all.

I would like to know if anyone has had this problem or knows what the error may be and how to solve it.

In case someone is interested, can downolad on the link one of the MIDI file I have used to create the style, create a new one with the program,  and try on your keyboard.

Or also download the styles created by me (SSF1 and SFF2) in orther to test on your keyboard, and see if you have the same problem as me.

https://we.tl/t-FoCEq0k9TL

Link is active during 7 days from today 23/02/2024. After this time  I can share again if anyone is interested on.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.D.: The style is created is in Easy mode, and I have not changed any parameters, nor the wrong key of the intro (A Maj) because in my experience it does not produce any change in the final (wrong) result of the Style, to make this test.

Best regards.

BogdanH:
Hello Fran,
I can see that you described the problem the best you could, but I'm afraid that no one will be able to help with exact solution. Main reason for that is, there's no guarantee that MidiSongToStyle will create proper style from every midi file -please see this thread.

There are a few experienced MidiSongToStyle users in this forum who could maybe help, but for that you need to provide midi file and both (SFF1 and SFF2) problematic styles that you created.

Greetings,
Bogdan

Fran MB:
Good morning Bogdan, thank you very much for your response and for the link.

I will follow your advice and attach the corresponding files.

On the other hand, I will do a test with the Fats Domino MIDI file. Starting from a correct MIDI base, I can create a Style and see if then It is correct created.

I take this opportunity to thank you for your videos on YouTube.

Best regards.

Rick D.:
Fran,

Midi to Style works well some of the time, not all the time. It all depends on the MIDI file you start with. It has to be made properly and not be too complex for the software to work. I have had some that came out great and some that were lousy.

Rick D.

DrakeM:
Good to know. I must have down loaded a messed up midi. The program could not find the drums. They were there, I just had to revoice the track with the keyboard. It was to hard to separate the sections of the song out I needed without hearing the drums and quit.

I started converting the new Genos 2 styles and when I finish them, I'll take up learning the Midi to Style program again with a different midi file.  ;)

Drake 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version