Author Topic: Converted Expansion Packs for Genos2 - Download Links  (Read 11787 times)

Offline overover

Converted Expansion Packs for Genos2 - Download Links
« on: December 01, 2023, 08:16:35 AM »
Hi all,

Here you can download the Yamaha Expansion Packs converted for Genos2 that are currently available:

>>> Genos2_Expansion_Packs_Volume_1.zip
Contents:
     Alpen
     BallroomStyle
     Best of Europe
     Choir&Vocals
     Church&Christmas
     CountryMusician
     Entertainer2016
     Euro&US Organ
     VintageKeyboard
     VintageSynth

>>> Genos2_Expansion_Packs_Volume_2.zip
Contents:
     Balkan&Turkey
     Celtic
     Cumbia
     EuroDance2016
     Greetings from Italy
     Italy V2
     MexicanBanda
     MiddleEastern
     Salsa
     SouthEastEurope

On this website the packs converted for Genos2 can be downloaded individually, but not all available packs are listed there yet:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/voice-style-expansion-genos2.html

By the way, Yamaha has kindly released these packs in non-protected .ppf format.  :)

Have fun!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 08:02:02 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ericmusic

Re: Converted Expansion Packs for Genos2 - Download Links
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 09:53:24 AM »

thank you for these links  :)

The following users thanked this post: Osbermusic, teign

Offline Del B

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 12:03:03 PM »
Thanks Chris
I hope they do the Celtic and Middle eastern packs too

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 12:53:20 PM »
Thank you, Chris! All this available gratis, even before I get my G2 next week! Impressive!
Yamaha seems to be on the ball; keep it up!
 :)
Uday

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 01:20:52 PM »
PPF?! Hmmm... interesting news  :D

What is interesting as well it that they began to distribute Excel files which contains datalist for all this new resources, starting with Genos2. This is a good thing in my opinion, is easier to use them like this, no need to parse the pdf files to do something for external applications.

The second column Prg(1) is redundant IMO, is enough that the say on the first Prg column that are zero-based numbers.  :D Anyway, good as it is  :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 01:30:07 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 02:11:34 PM »
the "CountryMusician_Genos2.zip" appears to be invalid or corrupt, cannot unpack using zip or 7zip on Win11.

thanks for the other files, they are fine.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 02:30:28 PM »
the "CountryMusician_Genos2.zip" appears to be invalid or corrupt, cannot unpack using zip or 7zip on Win11.

Please try downloading and unzipping the file again. In my case (using 7-zip on Windows 10) everything worked perfectly.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 02:43:43 PM »

I have W11 x64. I opened the zip file and it is ok. Look at the size of your downloaded zip file. These are the sizes of the arhive (size and size on disk ... check on your side):

It could be a partial download on your side, so try download it again and check the sizes.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 07:08:17 PM »
Thanks Chris!

Anybody have any idea why the _R downloads (Church, Vintage Synth)contain a redundant version of the ppf, and even odder, the size of the ppf in the main folder and in the "Back" folder differs by 10kb in the Vintage Synth pack?

Mark

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 07:30:38 PM »
Thanks Chris!

Anybody have any idea why the _R downloads (Church, Vintage Synth)contain a redundant version of the ppf, and even odder, the size of the ppf in the main folder and in the "Back" folder differs by 10kb in the Vintage Synth pack?

Mark

Thanks for your feedback, Mark!

"R" could mean "Revised" (in the "back" folder, at least in the "VintageSynth" pack, there is an older .ppf version). It is possible that these "back" folders were "accidentally" left in the zip file for two of the packs. Similar "discrepancies" in converting packs for newer models have occurred several times at Yamaha in the past ...   ;)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 11:53:14 PM »
Apologies, for whatever reason, the country zip is now downloading and unpacking ok.
thanks!

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 12:15:04 AM »
Apologies, for whatever reason, the country zip is now downloading and unpacking ok.
thanks!

Nice to hear that. Thanks for your feedback! :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline chony

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2023, 11:53:22 PM »
Where is the website where these can be found as they are updated? I'm specifically waiting for the Middle Eastern Pack. Thank you!

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2023, 01:35:27 AM »
Where is the website where these can be found as they are updated? I'm specifically waiting for the Middle Eastern Pack. Thank you!

Hi chony,

Until recently, there was no such website listing the available Expansion Packs converted for Genos2. (I had to laboriously find out the links posted above myself, using various tricks.)

Yamaha has now put the following website online on which the already available packs converted for Genos2 are linked:

I only found this site by chance, it's obviously not yet linked on the Genos2 download site or anywhere else on the Yamaha website ...

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 02:04:31 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: motifes, chony, Oxford1035

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2023, 07:35:41 AM »

This package is in ppf format. Come in :

https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-1412020/

The following users thanked this post: motifes, Taffinator

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 08:08:25 AM »
You can go to the site where you registered your Genos 2. There is a link from there.
Regards
Alex

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 08:35:38 AM »
You can go to the site where you registered your Genos 2. There is a link from there.
Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, using the link you mentioned (which you receive after registering Genos2) you can download the 10 converted packs for Genos2 available so far in a single zip file. But we don't know if this download will be updated as more packs are added.

However, I will always keep this thread up to date. :)

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: terryB, motifes, Gunnar Jonny, ton37, wersianer

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 09:18:57 AM »
Thanks Chris.
The packs so far worked well but as you say we have no idea if and when more will arrive!
Regards
Alex

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 09:31:39 AM »

Hi chony,

Member "Mega Voice" referenced a PSR-A5000 .ppf MiddleEast Pack above. This made me remember the site with the A5000 "Local Packs".

You can download many MiddleEast/Oriental packs compatible with Genos2 from the following page:
>>> https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

Select "PSR-A5000" in the drop-down list at the top. For each of the packs that are then displayed, a PSR-A5000 version is available in non-protected .ppf format which can also be used for Genos2 (as well as Genos1 and SX900).

See also the attached screenshot. I marked 4 MiddleEast packs there. But you could also use the other packs on the Genos2 (as I said, the A5000 .ppf versions).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 10:02:24 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: motifes, chony

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 04:44:16 PM »
hi,
thanks for the upload.
can this be installed without YEM?

Offline chony

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 05:08:35 PM »
Hi chony,

Member "Mega Voice" referenced a PSR-A5000 .ppf MiddleEast Pack above. This made me remember the site with the A5000 "Local Packs".

You can download many MiddleEast/Oriental packs compatible with Genos2 from the following page:
>>> https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

Select "PSR-A5000" in the drop-down list at the top. For each of the packs that are then displayed, a PSR-A5000 version is available in non-protected .ppf format which can also be used for Genos2 (as well as Genos1 and SX900).

See also the attached screenshot. I marked 4 MiddleEast packs there. But you could also use the other packs on the Genos2 (as I said, the A5000 .ppf versions).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

BINGO. Thank you!

Offline overover

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 05:14:11 PM »
hi,
thanks for the upload.
can this be installed without YEM?

You're welcome, konaboy32!

In addition to the .ppf or .cpf Pack Project file, most pack downloads also contain a .ppi or .cpi Pack Installation file. With the latter, the pack can be installed directly on the keyboard. However, only THIS ONE pack can be installed. Installing another .ppi or .cpi file would delete the previous pack.

In order to be able to install multiple packs, YEM must be used. You can then either create your own .ppi/.cpi Pack Install file (which contains all the desired packs) on the USB stick in YEM, or you can use the WiFi (WLAN) method ("Send to instrument" button).

By the way, when you click the "Save as Pack Install File" button in YEM, the file type ".cqi" (Pack Quick Installation File) is always suggested first. However, you only need this file type if you want to install ADDITIONAL packs to those already on the keyboard (to avoid having to completely reinstall everything). To save in .cpi format, you must first click on "Pack Quick Installation File (*.cqi) next to "File Type" in the "Save as Pack Installation File" window and then in the drop-down list "Pack Installation File ( *.cpi).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:32:29 PM by overover »

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2023, 05:33:31 PM »
extremely helpful, thank you chris.
ok, time to bite the bullet and get to grips with YEM then, since I do intend to install many of the packs pinned on this forum board.

Offline overover

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2023, 05:37:49 PM »
BINGO. Thank you!

My pleasure, chony! Glad to could help you.  :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline soryt

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2023, 11:43:23 AM »
The expansion pack that I am most looking forward to and use most with Christmas music is the Celtic pack
I hope Yamaha can speed this up a bit
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline lilryu

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2023, 11:47:00 AM »
Hi Chris,

I'm looking for .ppf for Vietnamese, Vietnamese 2, China, and Japan but was only able to find .cpf versions on the Yamaha website. Do you know where I can get the .ppf versions? Thank you

Quote from: overover link=topic=67898.msg512850#msg512850
date=1701682299
Hi chony,

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Offline overover

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2023, 02:11:12 PM »
Hi Chris,

I'm looking for .ppf for Vietnamese, Vietnamese 2, China, and Japan but was only able to find .cpf versions on the Yamaha website. Do you know where I can get the .ppf versions? Thank you

Hi lilryu,

There are some .ppf expansion packs for the ELA-1 keyboard on the >>> Yamaha Malaysia VSE website. These should also work with Genos2. (I haven't tested it myself yet.)

Here are the direct download links:

Japan_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

PremiumChinaPack1_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

PremiumChinaPack2_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

PremiumChinaPack3_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

Brazilian_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

ChurchOrgan_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

EasternEurope_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

EuroDance_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

WesternEurope_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

On the >>> Yamaha China VSE website there are .ppf versions of the Premium China Packs 1 - 4 (!) for SX900, which should also work with the Genos2:

Premium_China_Pack1_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Premium_China_Pack2_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Premium_China_Pack3_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Premium_China_Pack4_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Here you can download a .ppf version of the Vietnamese_S970 pack from my Dropbox:
>>> Vietnamese_S970.zip (ppf)

Unfortunately, I haven't found a .ppf version of the "Vietnamese 2" pack yet.

Have fun!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 03:05:30 PM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: motifes, lilryu, Roshure

Offline lilryu

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2023, 04:54:37 PM »
This is amazing, thank you. We definitely need to store these somewhere in case it goes away.

Hi lilryu,

There are some .ppf expansion packs for the ELA-1 keyboard on the >>> Yamaha Malaysia VSE website. These should also work with Genos2. (I haven't tested it myself yet.)

Here are the direct download links:

Japan_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

PremiumChinaPack1_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

PremiumChinaPack2_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

PremiumChinaPack3_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

Brazilian_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

ChurchOrgan_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

EasternEurope_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

EuroDance_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

WesternEurope_ELA-1.zip (ppf)

On the >>> Yamaha China VSE website there are .ppf versions of the Premium China Packs 1 - 4 (!) for SX900, which should also work with the Genos2:

Premium_China_Pack1_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Premium_China_Pack2_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Premium_China_Pack3_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Premium_China_Pack4_for_SX900.zip (ppf)

Here you can download a .ppf version of the Vietnamese_S970 pack from my Dropbox:
>>> Vietnamese_S970.zip (ppf)

Unfortunately, I haven't found a .ppf version of the "Vietnamese 2" pack yet.

Have fun!

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2023, 02:28:31 AM »
PPF?! Hmmm... interesting news  :D

The second column Prg(1) is redundant IMO, is enough that the say on the first Prg column that are zero-based numbers.  :D Anyway, good as it is  :)

Cheers

It's not redundant. Both colums is usefull in the case your sending prg change from an external controller that is either "0" or "1" based. You can compile a complete list for your device.

For internal usage these 2 columns really doesn't matter tho
Keys:
Korg Kronos 2 73 - Korg T3
Yamaha Genos - Yamaha Genos 2
Crumar Mojo61
Roland A-80ex
Yamaha P9000 Pro slightly defunct

Gear: Ryzen 7 3800x 64gb ram
Steinberg Cubase 12
Presonus Studio 1824c

Offline valimaties

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2023, 02:57:19 PM »
It's not redundant. Both colums is usefull in the case your sending prg change from an external controller that is either "0" or "1" based. You can compile a complete list for your device.

For internal usage these 2 columns really doesn't matter tho

;D ;D ;D

If I send to you three numbers and I say that are 0 based, you don't know ton add +1 to them to see the 1 based ? LoL
Is a simple math operation.
Yamaha internally use 0 based numbers for Program Change. But they display them as 1 based.
So, if they store MSB:LSB:PC as 63:15:0 you don't know to add 1 to PC to find the display PC?
So, YES, definitely redundant column!

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline bluali

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2023, 08:59:00 PM »
Most of my Genos expansion packs still not available for my Genos2. so it is useless for and i keep using my lovely Genos1. I may wait some more weeks.  if I could not find a way of using my expansion packs on Genos2,  I will return it to Guitar Center before my returning period expires.
Ali
Yamaha (since 1977): YC10, PSR500, TYROS 3/4/5, Genos, GENOS2
GM: WK8,
Korg: i5S, Pa80, PA1X, PA800, PA2x, PA4x, PA5X
Technics: KN3000

Offline valimaties

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2023, 09:47:21 PM »
Most of my Genos expansion packs still not available for my Genos2. so it is useless for and i keep using my lovely Genos1. I may wait some more weeks.  if I could not find a way of using my expansion packs on Genos2,  I will return it to Guitar Center before my returning period expires.
Ali

Don't hurry! If your packs are bought from Yamaha Music Soft, definitely will be converted soon. If you already paid for Genos 2 and you have it, be patient now!

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: bluali

Offline terryB

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2023, 12:56:34 PM »
Hi Chris, Ive got all the ones you listed above installed and working. Just waiting for Celtic and Greetings from Italy V2. Plus I need to re-purchase Volume 1 of PSM (Pro Style Music) Pop sound/style pack (I am getting a good discount) to complete what I need.
Cheers Terry

BTW thanks for your work in locating these packs for us

Offline Ruud

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2023, 09:26:34 PM »
Hi all,
The next 10 converted Genos2 Expansion packs are downloadable from the registration page.
Balkan Turkey
Celtic
Cumbia
EuroDance2016
Greetings from Italy
Italy V2
MexicanBanda
MiddleEastern
Salsa
SouthEastEurope

Regards, Ruud

The following users thanked this post: motifes

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2023, 09:51:46 PM »
can't find these anywhere, can you share a link? thanks!

Hi all,
The next 10 converted Genos2 Expansion packs are downloadable from the registration page.
Balkan Turkey
Celtic
Cumbia
EuroDance2016
Greetings from Italy
Italy V2
MexicanBanda
MiddleEastern
Salsa
SouthEastEurope

Regards, Ruud

Offline Ruud

The following users thanked this post: Gunnar Jonny

Offline bluali

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2023, 02:01:11 AM »
Hi all,

Here you can download the Yamaha Expansion Packs converted for Genos2
t............

By the way, Yamaha has kindly released these packs in non-protected .ppf format.  :)

Have fun!

Best regards,
Chris

Edit 2023-12-22: Added download links for "Genos2 Expansion Packs" Vol. 1 & 2 and removed download links for single packs
Chris,
Thank you so very much!
Ali
Yamaha (since 1977): YC10, PSR500, TYROS 3/4/5, Genos, GENOS2
GM: WK8,
Korg: i5S, Pa80, PA1X, PA800, PA2x, PA4x, PA5X
Technics: KN3000

Offline overover

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2023, 06:01:32 AM »
You're welcome, Ali. Thank you for your kind feedback!  :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline overover

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2023, 06:15:00 AM »
Balkan Turkey
Celtic
Cumbia
EuroDance2016
Greetings from Italy
Italy V2
MexicanBanda
MiddleEastern
Salsa
SouthEastEurope

Thanks for this announcement, Ruud!  :)

Here again the note, I yesterday added the new direct download links for "Genos2 Expansion Packs Vol. 1 & 2" in the first post:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67898.msg512504.html#msg512504

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 06:25:54 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2023, 09:25:20 PM »
thanks Chris!

do you know if there are fixed versions? I tried downloading the first set of packs, and they worked fine, but upon installing the 2nd set, a weird glitch now happens where packs on G2 no longer save any of the voice data, just the *styles* (not the samples as I'd brainfartedly typed).

Unselecting the 2nd set, all of a sudden the voices work (except cumbia, which works regardless)

So I'm hoping there's a 2nd set of fixed ppf/s (Eurodance, Middle Eastern, etc)

thanks!!!!

Mark

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2023, 04:42:55 PM »
Hi chony,

Until recently, there was no such website listing the available Expansion Packs converted for Genos2. (I had to laboriously find out the links posted above myself, using various tricks.)

Yamaha has now put the following website online on which the already available packs converted for Genos2 are linked:

I only found this site by chance, it's obviously not yet linked on the Genos2 download site or anywhere else on the Yamaha website ...

Best regards,
Chris

It has always been kinda messy with Yamaha's website especially with those local released pacs. Why can't Yamaha have a global site where they list all available packs. There also is a brazillian pack with some nice sounds for Genos, but that is protected and only available for Genos so far,  and I remember having to search near and far to actually find the download in the first place.

/Jan
Keys:
Crumar Mojo61
Roland A-80ex

Steinberg Cubase 12
Presonus Studio 1824c

Offline Fábio

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2023, 04:22:37 PM »
 :-\I'm Brazilian and here the packages are all CPF (unfortunately)

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2024, 10:00:52 AM »
Hi chony,

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Some works, but most of them requires logging in, and wont accept local Yamaha login from eg in my case Denmark
Keys:
Crumar Mojo61
Roland A-80ex

Steinberg Cubase 12
Presonus Studio 1824c

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2024, 10:12:09 AM »
;D ;D ;D

If I send to you three numbers and I say that are 0 based, you don't know ton add +1 to them to see the 1 based ? LoL
Is a simple math operation.
Yamaha internally use 0 based numbers for Program Change. But they display them as 1 based.
So, if they store MSB:LSB:PC as 63:15:0 you don't know to add 1 to PC to find the display PC?
So, YES, definitely redundant column!

Yeah I know it's a simple math operation  :D but I could make a looong list of musicians that still would look like fallen from the moon when telling them "You just have to add 1 to each program change you send and then ask "Can you make a list for me with that ?" and I can just say .. just print the excel file out that came with the pack it's in there  8)
Keys:
Crumar Mojo61
Roland A-80ex

Steinberg Cubase 12
Presonus Studio 1824c

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2024, 02:38:16 AM »
I put a bunch of these on my SX900, loving them. I hope they convert the packs containing voices new to the SX600 to PPF so anyone can enjoy them.