Author Topic: Use Midi2Style to convert BIAB styles?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Dave Nuttall

Use Midi2Style to convert BIAB styles?
« on: November 24, 2023, 01:00:02 PM »
Converting BIAB styles to Yamaha workstation has been a long-time interest item.  With Midi2Style, "in my head" it seems that carefully constructed BIAB songs that are MIDI-only might be the key to transitioning BIAB Midi styles to Yamaha.

Please PM me if you want to collaborate/experiment.   My specific interest is the country and non-jazz ballad styles.   I have BIAB 2022 and Genos.

Dave

Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline Nova227

Re: Use Midi2Style to convert BIAB styles?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 08:11:13 PM »
I have been thinking the same thing.

I have created songs on biab exported to mp3 then used Yamaha chord tracker app to create a midi song on my psr.

I see know reason why I shouldn’t be able to use an exported mp 3 from biab to create a style with midi to style  .

I wonder what biab (band in a box) think about this.   I am going to check the chatter on their form tonight .

Nova227

Offline Dave Nuttall

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 01:54:04 PM »
I have been thinking the same thing.

I have created songs on biab exported to mp3 then used Yamaha chord tracker app to create a midi song on my psr.

I see know reason why I shouldn’t be able to use an exported mp 3 from biab to create a style with midi to style  .

I wonder what biab (band in a box) think about this.   I am going to check the chatter on their form tonight .

BIAB is unlikely to CARE, at least they shouldn't criticize or oppose people doing that.

I don't understand why you would export to MP3 instead of MIDI.   Having the chords isn't of much value for the MIDI2STYLE app.
Genos, ProTools, Cubase AI10, Win10,  BIAB-2022, Sibelius Ultimate, MixMaster, PRSUTI, StyleMagic, StyleWorks, and Baldwin SF-10 acoustic piano.

Offline Nova227

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 02:10:39 PM »
exporting to midi allows you to create a yamaha style from the biab  song.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 10:24:50 PM »
Hi,
I have created the odd biab based style for my korg pa_x's.
You possibly will find a couple of problems  creating them for yamaha arrangers.  BIAB styles use the Sustain controller , Yamaha styles don't. So piano tracks for instance , will sound choppy.  One way around it would be to lengthen notes. Extra work.
Also I found another problem, even if you put in a chord  CMaj 7, which works for both yamaha and korg styles, biab tends to add notes that  aren't  part of the cmaj7th  chord, it's possibly adding extensions?, but it makes it tricky to create settings. Also it might limit the style phrases biab picks. Even if one uses Cmaj  chord, it sometimes adds extra notes

I ended up editing BIAB styles and removing or muting style parts that probably wouldn't work.

Just an ongoing project I go back to once in a while.

Currently using it to create the odd intro/ending.

Haven’t tried it with midi to style, maybe you might have a bit more luck.

Currently having problems accessing this site with my iPad, so may not be able to get back in.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:04:13 AM by rikkisbears »
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022