Author Topic: "Genos Complete Pack" for Genos2 - NEW Download Link  (Read 9452 times)

Offline overover

"Genos Complete Pack" for Genos2 - NEW Download Link
« on: November 21, 2023, 05:11:54 AM »
Hi all,

The original version of the "Genos Complete Pack" was buggy. (The .cpf file could be imported into YEM V2.10.0, but no Pack Install file could be saved.)

Here you can download the new, fixed version of the "Genos Complete Pack" for Genos2: :)
>>> Genos_Complete_Pack.zip

The pack contains 41 Expansion Voices, 111 Styles and 7 Registration Banks (56 single Registrations in total). For the contents see also the attached screenshots.

Please note that this pack only works with Genos2 and that YEM V2.10.0 is required to import the .cpf pack file.

The zip file also contains a .cpi file to install the pack directly on the Genos2 without YEM as well as a pack list (.pdf and .xlsx format). Important: Installing a .cpi Pack Installation file directly on the instrument deletes all previously installed expansion contents! In order to combine several packs, the YEM must be used (with the corresponding .cpf/.ppf Pack Project files).

Best regards,
Chris

Edit 2023-12-09: Changed download link
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 07:25:45 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Danny1972

Re: "Genos Complete Pack" for Genos2 - NEW Download Link
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 12:39:56 PM »
Excellent, it looks like it has the Genos V2 styles too :)

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 01:29:14 PM »
In fact, this just looks like it's content from the "Genos V2 Superior Pack" that was released for G1 about 4 years ago.
Genos

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 01:38:42 PM »
In fact, this just looks like it's content from the "Genos V2 Superior Pack" that was released for G1 about 4 years ago.

I think that only had 50 styles. This may be a combination of the styles removed for G1 and the V2 pack by the looks of it.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 02:11:04 PM »

Somewhere I could read that this pack is reworked and optimized to take advantage of G2' possibilities, but could not remember where so I don't have any link to add.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 04:19:36 PM »
I think that only had 50 styles. This may be a combination of the styles removed for G1 and the V2 pack by the looks of it.

Sorry yes I meant to say it's the *voices* from the "V2 Superior Pack"

Offline Wim

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 05:06:38 PM »
Somewhere I could read that this pack is reworked and optimized to take advantage of G2' possibilities, but could not remember where so I don't have any link to add.

I read it too. At the side from Styles-24.de

rgds

Online usaraiya

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 04:25:18 PM »
John,

Where did Yamaha say they are working on their "main" pack? As far as they have said, there are only two packs available free with the purchase of G2, the Genos complete pack and the DX7 pack. Is there a third pack?

:)
Uday
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 05:02:19 PM by usaraiya »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 11:24:52 PM »
I mean the complete pack, when you register. sorry for confusion :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 11:37:29 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 07:53:43 AM »
Hi all,

The original version of the "Genos Complete Pack" was buggy. (The .cpf file could be imported into YEM V2.10.0, but no Pack Install file could be saved.)

The new, fixed version can be downloaded via the changed link in the first post of this thread:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67744.msg511072.html#msg511072

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: motifes, loendersloot, JohnStarbuck

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 04:27:28 AM »
I just installed it along with DX7 and a few other miscellaneous packs. It all worked fine.

Thanks!
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2023, 05:19:27 AM »
You're welcome, Michael! Thanks for your report.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline omc69

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 08:08:49 PM »
I can confirm. Packs are working !

Christian

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 08:10:55 PM »
Thank you also for your feedback, Christian!

Best regards,
Chris

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »
Thank you for the links I have installed latest yem but it wont allow me to save is the dx7 and complete  something  im doing wrong

Online Bill

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2023, 05:13:21 PM »
Have you imported the Genos 2 KB ID File into the YEM.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline EileenL

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2023, 06:19:57 PM »
There was a problem with the complete set but it has now been fixed so you will need to download the updated pack. The DX7 pack loads with no problem.
Eileen
font]

Offline overover

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2023, 07:03:39 PM »
Thank you for the links I have installed latest yem but it wont allow me to save is the dx7 and complete  something  im doing wrong

Hi Colin,

The first version of "Genos Complete" pack was buggy. Please delete the pack from YEM and delete your previous download of this pack. Then download the new, fixed version here and import it into YEM.
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67744.msg511072.html#msg511072

P.S.
Don't forget the other packs that Yamaha already converted for Genos2. They are here:  :)
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67898.msg512504.html#msg512504

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 07:08:25 PM by overover »

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 04:25:17 PM »
The zip file also contains a .cpi file to install the pack directly on the Genos2 without YEM...

The various file formats and YEM are a complete mystery to me.
Can somebody elaborate on how to do the installation of the CPI file?

thank you kindly

Offline Stijn

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2023, 01:22:05 PM »
The various file formats and YEM are a complete mystery to me.
Can somebody elaborate on how to do the installation of the CPI file?

thank you kindly

A CPI file can contain one or more packs. For example, the Yamaha pack ‘Genos2 Complete Pack’ contains 1 pack (Genos Complete Pack) in 2 setup versions: a .cpi file as well as a .cpf file (visible in the explorer on your PC when ‘extension’ is set to visible)

The .cpi file can be used to install the pack in the Expansion memory without the use of the computer application YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager). Drawback = only this pack will be programmed into the Expansion memory. You can not add any other packs using this procedure. Follow these steps:

• Use a USB drive that was formatted on the Genos (important!!)
    Copy the Genos Complete Pack.cpi file to the Root of the USB drive  - don’t put it in a folder!!!!
    Switch on the keyboard, insert the USB, press the button MENU 2x
    Select Expansion
    Select Pack installation and ..... follow the instructions.

The .cpf file contains the same pack but is used by YEM. It is a computer app that is primarily used to prepare multiple packs to be installed in the Expansion Memory.
It will compile all selected packs into a personally created .cpi file

See the document: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qy9i5x5g942tys1sdg6hx/Basic-Use-Yamaha-Expansion-Manager.pdf?rlkey=mtxfbme03e8g93kb65lx9j78p&dl=0
It describes the procedure for pack installation on Genos1 but applies for Genos2 as well.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: luisil

Offline lilryu

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2023, 06:54:58 AM »
I'm adding this expansion with other expansion through YEM. Does anyone know what LSB I should use?

Offline overover

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2023, 03:03:50 PM »
I'm adding this expansion with other expansion through YEM. Does anyone know what LSB I should use?

Hi lilryu,

For these Yamaha packs, it doesn't matter which position they are in the YEM on the "Change Bank Select LSB" list, as this is only important for packs that contain so called Custom Voices (i.e. Custom Normal Voices with MSB=63 and Custom Drum Voices with MSB=62). Most Yamaha packs do NOT contain such Custom voices, but rather their voices have different MSB numbers and therefore work on any position on the LSB list mentioned.

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: lilryu

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2023, 06:49:07 AM »
Where do you find this LSB List in YEM?
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline overover

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2023, 09:35:54 AM »
Where do you find this LSB List in YEM?

Hi Michael,

“Change Bank Select LSB” can be accessed by clicking on the “>” icon next to “My Packs”. (See also the attached screenshot.)

This Bank Select LSB only affects so called “Custom Voices”. These are, for example, voices in your own, self-created packs. Custom Voices always have MSB=63 (Custom Normal Voices) or MSB=62 (Custom Drum Voices). And the LSB of these voices is determined by this "Pack LSB", which can be set here.

For the sake of completeness: When importing a pack or creating a new, custom pack, this pack is always automatically assigned the lowest free LSB on this list. One reason to change this LSB later would be if voices from this pack are used in Styles and/or Registrations that are outside of the pack. If such a pack is imported into the YEM again at some point, it will probably initially get a "wrong" LSB and the Styles/Registrations in question will no longer find the Custom Voices used. The pack then has to be moved manually to the previous LSB.

In this context, I recommend constantly documenting the LSB assignment using screenshots of the "Bank Select LSB list" in order to be able to restore this status later if necessary.

Yamaha packs usually only contain voices with fixed voice numbers (comparable to the Preset Voices), i.e. with MSBs not equal to 63/62. Here this Custom Voice Bank Select LSB has no meaning.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline terryB

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2023, 12:54:35 PM »
Hi Chris, PSM (Pro Style Music) require that their Pop Music pack is installed in LSB 108, how does that fit in to this discussion ?

Cheers
Terry

Offline overover

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2023, 01:37:50 PM »
Hi Chris, PSM (Pro Style Music) require that their Pop Music pack is installed in LSB 108, how does that fit in to this discussion ?

Cheers
Terry

Hi Terry,

Yes, this concerns exactly what I mentioned above: Self-created packs or third-party packs that use Styles and/or Registrations outside of the pack in question must be on a specific Custom Voice LSB for the Styles/Registrations to work. In your case, this "Pop Music" pack of Pro Style Music must be manually moved to LSB number 108 after importing it into YEM via "Change Bank Select LSB".

By the way, for Styles and Registrations that are included in a pack or are imported into a pack by the user, the LSB of the Custom Voices used (MSB 62 or 63) is automatically adjusted to the current LSB of the pack. This means that these Styles/Registrations integrated into the pack then work regardless of which LSB the pack has.

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2024, 04:32:43 PM »
Does this pack contain a playlist for the included styles?  Could someone post that, please.

Thanks

Offline ton37

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2024, 04:39:57 PM »
No, not a playlist with 'songnames'. Just 7 banks with various (8) registrations with instruments (e.g. Sax, Panflute and Choir) ;)
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: JoePana

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2024, 04:47:56 PM »
Thanks.  Do you know if the Genos complete pack assigns new Genos2 voices and Revelation reverb to the styles and voices in the pack?  If they are the same voices as Genos and not updated we could search the Genos playlist for registrations for all the Genos styles and make a playlist from that.  That is fine, but it means that the voices were not updated in the complete pack.

Offline RayClem

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2024, 02:30:43 AM »
I registered my Genos2, but never received the download links for the expansion packs, I used the link above to download the complete pack. It js well.  Thanks for posting it,

Offline overover

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2024, 10:12:34 PM »
You're welcome RayClem! Thanks for your kind feedback. :)

Best regards,
Chris