Author Topic: Music Finder.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline shezza

Music Finder.
« on: October 28, 2023, 01:32:03 PM »
Hi all is it possible to load music finder to my SX600 if so how do I go about it...............Many Thanks.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Music Finder.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 03:44:09 PM »
No, unfortunately, it now uses a different system, that IMO, is not as easy to utilize as MFD. Instead, it uses Song List, which is a lot more cumbersome to work with, particularly if you are a live entertainer, which is one of the main reasons I stuck with my ancient PSR-S950.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline shezza

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 05:29:23 PM »
Thanks for your reply Gary, are you saying my SX600 can be loaded with "Song List"  if so do you know how I would I load it? Thanks. Pete.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 09:56:54 PM »
Hi all is it possible to load music finder to my SX600 if so how do I go about it...............Many Thanks.

SX keyboards use a Playlist. Much more powerful than the Music Finder. Your keyboard will convert a music finder into a playlist fir you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline shezza

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 12:01:47 PM »
Thanks Fred, But how do I access it on my keyboard?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 12:33:27 PM »
I don't have the SX600 but the 700 and 900 have a button marked Playlist. You press this for access

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 04:36:35 PM »

Hi shezza,

Please read pages 82 - 84 in SX600 Reference Manual ("Using Playlist"), especially read the information about "Importing Music Finder Records to the Playlist" (pages 83/84).

If you don't have the Reference Manual, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx600/downloads.html

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)