Author Topic: Genos Ghost town  (Read 2068 times)

Offline ugawoga

Genos Ghost town
« on: September 16, 2023, 10:00:15 AM »
Where has everybody gone or they all fed up with waiting for this Genos :)
It is very quiet on the conspiracy front.
I still cannot believe how does Yamaha keep this a big secret without a Snowden leak. ;D
It has now past the date that 2017 started tempting with leaks ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 10:03:48 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos Ghost town
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 01:16:30 PM »
I think everyone is playing and enjoying the Genos they have so we should be hearing some nice music posted on here soon.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
"Oh no Eileen"!! they have been abducted by Aliens or stuck on a mobile phone. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Or they are having a long summer holiday!! :)

Footy today!! and Dial of Destiny Tonight!! ??? :P :P 8)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:51:19 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 05:58:00 PM »
I am still new to the Genos and new to this site.  I'm not posting because I don't want anyone to know that I am obsessively checking for new info every day so I can stupidly replace my new shiny Genos with another new shiny one.  My only defence is that I have previously owned a Roland with smooth transitions and I'm hoping for that.  Seems that there are some things where logic does not have to apply.
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88   Nautilus 73

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 06:00:35 PM »
Where has everybody gone or they all fed up with waiting for this Genos :)
It is very quiet on the conspiracy front.
I still cannot believe how does Yamaha keep this a big secret without a Snowden leak. ;D
It has now past the date that 2017 started tempting with leaks ;D

Hi John --

I was thinking the same thing. The latest leak -- that there is such a thing as "GENOS2" -- has tamped down speculation. That doesn't mean that some people aren't scraping the web for the unicorn.  :)

Meanwhile, I agree with Eileen -- keep playing. Genos (gen 1) is plenty good for me -- pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 06:03:38 PM »
I am still new to the Genos and new to this site. 

Hi --

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm going through similar mental gyrations waiting for Yamaha to update its digital piano line. That said, these instruments are soooo good, that I wouldn't have buyer's regret in any case.

All the best -- pj

Offline supersteve

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 06:28:34 PM »
I’m busy catching up on the other nine Genos boards there is a lot of good info there also.
Keep playing and learning.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 08:52:41 PM »
I have a busy week because I wrote 5 songs for a play, and this week was the premiere of the play.But I am still waiting for the Genos 2

Offline maartenb

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 09:32:59 AM »
I am obsessively checking for new info every day

Well put, this describes me as well.  ;)

Every day I check this "Genos - General" forum because I know, that if someone finds a leak about the Genos 2, it will definitely be posted here.

The other site I now check daily is the forum at yamahamusicians.com, especially the thread about the new Montage M. I have to wade through a lot of humbug posts in that thread, but there are little gems here and there.

I think the four leaked photos of the Montage M are real. To put four buttons around the data entry wheel is a very smart move. Even though I have no intentions of buying a Montage M, that instrument might indicate possibilities that the Genos 2 might also have.

I also think the leaked list of new products from the Yamaha Singapore registration site is real. This opinion is strengthened by the release of the cool finger drums, which were both in the list. So Genos 2 will arrive.

Soon we'll know for certain. In October the Montage M will officially be presented (source: Yamaha) and highly likely the Genos 2 will be presented in October/November (source: rumours on this forum, like the leaked list, the promotion videos being shot/edited, and the play schedule of Martin Harris and Peter Baartmans).

In the mean time, I am finishing my attic as soon as possible, to have time to play when the Genos 2 arrives...  8)

Maarten

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 10:26:21 AM »
Then  when (and if !!) Genos 2 finally arrives we can anticipate a flurry of exciting posts about how Yamaha rushed it out without fully checking the weird and wonderful things that are wrong with it …..every time I press F# and Bb down together my garage door opens unless I play an Ab minor chord at the same time in which case my fire alarm goes off 8)
Mike

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 10:30:31 AM »
Hi Maarten
I want to change my Genos over before all of my printed buttons wear out.
I have Start button  slash gone and thin 1 and a 2 on the reg panel.
Yamaha have terrible screen printers and i hope that is fixed on the new model.
Just hope it does not knock my second hand value down too much.
Well it is a little later now than 2017, so it now must be iminent or it maybe another year of disappointment.
I think the signs are there that it is coming from that list. :)
I cannot understand why Yamaha removed it from the list and not others.
It always seems that The top line model arranger is shrouded in ultimate secrecy and not the Montages etc.
Looking at that North Data  Arranger is not mentioned  only as a title

It would be great if you pressed F sharp to open the garage door!! :) because Yamaha are B Flat at the moment :P ::) ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:07:02 AM by ugawoga »

Offline maartenb

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 12:51:38 PM »
It always seems that The top line model arranger is shrouded in ultimate secrecy and not the Montages etc.

I think the leaked photos of the Montage M was something that Yamaha did NOT intend to happen. Also, the leaked list feels like a genuine mistake and was not planned.

Yamaha seem to have the motto "We'll release something when it's ready to release" and I think that's a smart way to do it. You control the narrative and you don't tell your competitors what's in store until it's in store.  ;)

Maarten

P.S. Praying that this time Yamaha print the symbols on the inside of the transparent buttons of the Genos 2. And that they've redesigned the hinge of these buttons.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 01:01:47 PM by maartenb »

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2023, 01:27:04 PM »
A pianist will want a piano. A synthesizer player will want synthesizers.

Richest of arrangers players can afford a piano + a synthesizer + an arranger.

There may be a small financial incentive to release a new synthesiser before a new arranger...

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 01:39:14 PM »
…..every time I press F# and Bb down together my garage door opens unless I play an Ab minor chord at the same time in which case my fire alarm goes off 8)
Mike

That made me laugh...  a good way to start the day
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com