Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Monitor

(1/2) > >>

micktheplumber:
Hi all finally got my Genos screen connected to a monitor,much better picture and great for displaying midi music sheets ,i think Yamaha got it wrong abandoning the tilting screen.
but does anybody know of a way to use monitor but still view the Genos screen with something else on it .
Mick

Divemaster:
Hi Mick.

Glad you got your monitor fixed up.

As a past Tyros owner, I think the tilting screen was a great idea, but there are many owners who had screen failure due to the constant lifting and lowering of the screen. The screen wasn't the problem. The ribbon cable that carried the signal wasn't up to it and it wasn't the easiest job to change it for a new one.

I always used to leave my screen up, but obviously as a performer, that wouldn't really be an option.

I think that's why it wasn't carried forward to newer models.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: micktheplumber on August 26, 2023, 12:30:32 PM ---Hi all finally got my Genos screen connected to a monitor,much better picture and great for displaying midi music sheets ,i think Yamaha got it wrong abandoning the tilting screen.
but does anybody know of a way to use monitor but still view the Genos screen with something else on it .
Mick

--- End quote ---

Ok. What so you want on the monitor while the Genos screen has "something else" on it?

Cheers,
Fred

micktheplumber:
Yes Fred exactly .

micktheplumber:
Hi Divemaster yes early hatchbacks suffered same fate had an Austin A40 one of the very early hatchbacks .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version