Author Topic: Reset Registration Sequence CVP-809 --- SOLVED ---  (Read 778 times)

Offline dh110953

Reset Registration Sequence CVP-809 --- SOLVED ---
« on: September 15, 2023, 01:39:57 PM »
I extensively use registrations and the registration sequence feature - using middle pedal to advance to next registrations. However, how do you reset the registration sequence back to the start. I know that if you individually program each registration then you can loop back to the beginning but I don't tend to use individual sequences - I am quite happy in the vast majority of my scores to sequence from 1 through to 8, but when I do get to 8 then the sequence hangs there and even if I select button 1 the sequence is still locked on button 8 so pressing the pedal no longer work. On the Genos I was able to press a couple of buttons to reset the sequence back to 0  but I can find how to do this on the CVP-809 surely there has to be a way and I am missing something.

Thanks

David
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:25:48 PM by dh110953 »
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline Helbi

Re: Reset Registration Sequence CVP-809
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 06:40:34 PM »
I have a CVP-905 but the procedure will be identical.
The Registration Sequence is described quite well in the reference manual, which you can download from the YAMAHA website.
It also tells you how to set the Registration Sequence so that the sequence automatically returns to the beginning.
Stop: Pressing the ASSIGNABLE button or the “advance” pedal has no effect. The sequence is “stopped.”
Top: The sequence starts again at the beginning.
Next: The sequence automatically moves to the beginning of the next Registration Memory Bank in
the same folder.

I hope that was helpful.
Helbi

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline dh110953

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 06:52:36 PM »
Thanks Helbi, I was aware of this but (as I understand) this is on the basis that each and every registration has a sequence assigned to it, and also that you have to progress through all of the sequence to get to the TOP function. You cant just reset.

I have over 800 registration banks (scores) all that have between 6 to 8 buttons set. I don't need to set a sequence to these as simple pressing the middle pedal will advance through the sequence.  On my previous Genos I could set the registration sequence back to 0 by jointly pressing the + and - buttons under the scroll wheel, regardless of where in the sequence I may be. This is what I want to be able to do but as there are no similar buttons on the CVP and I can't see any option on the touch screen I have not yet been able to find a way to reset the sequence
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 06:54:11 PM by dh110953 »
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline Helbi

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 12:07:49 PM »
Ok I understand.
On my CVP-905 I cannot control the 8 registrations of the registration bank with the pedals without first programming a sequence. It works with the Assignable keys, but I haven't been able to reset it to registration location 1 either. Maybe a forum colleague can help.
Helbi

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline dh110953

Re: Reset Registration Sequence CVP-809 --- SOLVED ---
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 01:30:19 PM »
I have found a way - I discovered that if I press on the top of the touchscreen on the registration sequence it open up the registrations bank list - If I then just click on the same registration bank again it resets the sequence back to the start - pressing the middle pedal then lights up sequence 1 and all ready to go. Not as easy as on the Genos but at least a working solution.