Author Topic: Locked Thread so I can't reply to any posts that were directed at me...  (Read 1444 times)

keynote

In the now locked thread about threads going POOF! i.e., being moved or deleted and in this latest case LOCKED by someone, I wanted to respond to the replies directed at me on that now locked thread. Without further ado...

Hi Mike, thanks for the clarification. Also, let me add that sometimes things we write online are sometimes taken out of context or misinterpreted because of a lack of direct communication i.e., face to face. Things that are posted on the internet might be construed as unsuitable for public consumption by an administrator or moderator(s) because of certain words or phrases that might be lost in translation i.e., from not reading between the lines. Or perhaps from a lack of a sense of humor. Some people are all business, no play. I'm not blaming anyone on this Forum, by the way.  ;) That could be misinterpreted from what's trying to be conveyed in a post or thread.

I'm not angry.  :) I'm a little upset I admit because of the numerous posts lately that have gone POOF! Furthermore, I realize an administrator and/or moderator(s) need to run a tidy ship. But as I also stated previously if this keeps up some members might be hesitant to post anything for fear of seeing all their hard work go up in smoke.

PS: Thanks to Chris (OverOver) for his instruction on finding out where threads are moved to. Although, personally I don't see anything wrong with posting a direct link to a Box or Drop Box account, here on the General Genos forum, because that's where most of the forum activity for the Genos occurs. But Roger can steer the boat in any direction he likes, of course. Hopefully not over Niagara Falls though. ;)

All the best, Mike   
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 07:49:48 PM by keynote »

Offline mikf

Sorry Mike, but I am not buying any of this. There is no translation issue between us, we are both native English speakers and I certainly do not lack a sense humor. The intention of your posts were crystal clear to me and I suspect to everyone else.
 I locked the thread because it served no good purpose to keep it open. You should just have posted a clear apology to Roger instead of this deflective post.
Mike

Offline p$manK32

I agree that sometimes the tone of posts can be misconstrued. It probably happens on social media all the time. People here are generally respectful and make an effort to keep it that way. Your recent comments however seem mean-spirited and not humorous. No one really cares for a public debate on a keyboard forum involving someone else’s grievances about their posts getting moved around or deleted. For the most part, it seems the moderators are re-sorting posts more than deleting them. I also think an apology is in order and move on from this.
SX900, MODX7+, DGX-640,  E373

Offline Divemaster

Personally I find rudeness to any of the Moderators is completely unacceptable, and we are very lucky to have them giving their time and substantial efforts to the members of this forum.

As the old saying goes. If you've nothing nice to say... Shut Up.
Snide comments are rarely funny.

Keith.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:01:44 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline ton37

@openingposter: it seems to me that the Moderators have explained to you very politely and as clearly as possible what is going on. Even several moderators responded more than enough in my opinion with their explanations. Don't try to play the moderators off against each other, that's not fair. Also don't come up with another post to try to achieve your 'right'. Other forum members also give their clear, unequivocal responses to your messages. It now seems to me very sensible that you draw the right conclusions from this and give an appropriate response that does justice to the disinterested efforts of the moderators.
My best regards,
Ton

Offline travlin-easy

I have been a moderator on this forum pretty much since it began. IMHO, the forum is probably the best Yamaha arranger keyboard forum on the Internet, and continues to do this by pretty much sticking to certain, common-sense guidelines.

Lately, particularly on the Genos section of the forum, there have been a huge number of comments that have absolutely nothing to do with Genos, thereby provide nothing of value to Genos owners, or those that wish to learn something about their Genos. There have been times that I looked at a thread and shook my head, wondering why someone would even post that information. I could have deleted them, however, I let them ride for months on end, again, with no posts beneficial to Genos fans who came to this segment for Genos information.

For some reason, a few individuals seem to believe this is a good place to promote Ketron arrangers, and posted links to AJ's various You Tube productions. It's NOT! I have known AJ for two decades, and he does a good job of promoting Ketron on other forums. He DOES NOT do it here! And, for a very good reason - THIS IS A YAMAHA ARRANGER KEYBOARD FORUM!

For those that wish to compare the attributes of arranger keyboards, good, bad or indifferent, I would suggest doing so somewhere else. This a forum for those that wish to learn the intricacies of their Yamaha arranger keyboards from other Yamaha owners.

If your post ended up in Never-Never Land, it's your fault - not the fault of the moderators. When a post gets nasty, you WILL get a notice from one of the moderators to Back Off! If the practice persists, well, you get my drift.  :)

Now, if you have something new and exciting about your Genos, or any other Yamaha arranger keyboard, we will be more than happy to welcome it with open arms.

Sorry about the rant, but it's the way I feel about this subject,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Bill, pjd, Divemaster

Offline ugawoga

Let us a SHOUT!!  "Come on Yamaha and give us a new Genos"!!! ;D
We can then put the Ketron on and make a cup of tea ;D ;D ;D ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline mikf

I am now going to lock this thread as it seems unnecessary to leave it open.
Mike