Author Topic: Could this be a sign of a new Genos to Come  (Read 7376 times)

Offline ugawoga

Could this be a sign of a new Genos to Come
« on: June 12, 2023, 03:24:48 PM »
Could this be  SIGN that wheels are starting to turn ::) :o 8) ;D ;) :)
Now Yamaha please something for the Cowboys :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 03:27:46 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

Re: Could this be a sign of a new Genos to Come
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 04:25:12 PM »
I don't know what the new PSR-I300 (an entry-level keyboard for Indian music) has to do with the potential Genos successor...

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 04:28:17 PM »
Sausages!! :)

Looks like there are plenty of chips about :) Go well with Micro fish.
It is an arranger and things could be rolling and that is all i am saying. Karma.
To me smoke signals are on the horizon. ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 07:04:20 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline SciNote

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 04:51:02 AM »
I guess it's possible to consider that, if Yamaha is starting to introduce some new models -- even entry level models, then maybe they're getting ready to introduce new high-end models, as well.

Strange that they would come out with the I300 at this point.  The I500 has been around for a few years now (based on the E463, which is the previous top model of the E-series), so this keyboard seems like a late release of a lower-end version of that keyboard.

But it is getting to be about time to see the E383 and E283, with maybe the E483 to follow later -- if Yamaha sticks to previous convention.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 05:33:36 PM »
Strange that they would come out with the I300 at this point.  The I500 has been around for a few years now...

Well, with 1.4B potential customers, a new low-end model for price-sensitive buyers seems to be a good business proposition. :-) It'll keep the Yamaha factory in Chennai busy.

All the best -- pj

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 09:33:37 PM »
I think Yamaha is waiting until we all have bought a other brand keyboard and then come with the Genos 2 , and maybe like Roland and technics they quit with high end arranger keyboards becaus they are all greedy  8)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 09:45:24 PM »
Hi

Listening to a UK BBC broadcast about chips.
It seems that it will only affect infrastructure and what the chips are used for between nations squabbling like China and USA.
It is said that things like TV's  electrical items for entertainment etc will not be affected.
All political and power struggling ::)

Trump is Innocent!! ;D ;D ;D ;D I bet he has gone for a bag of chips after his hearing ;D :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:47:35 PM by ugawoga »

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 10:45:15 PM »

The new Yamaha high end : approx. USD 5,500 - 5,800 ? ::)
Time will tell.

JH

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 12:05:18 AM »
There you go again guessing at prices before we have even heard of a launch. I really can't see what this type of post dose.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2023, 09:27:04 AM »
You are absolutely right, Eileen, sorry.  ::) 

Potential arranger's speculation brings nothing at all nor constantly criticizing competition's newest arrangers, IMHO.
I promise to keep quiet.  :)

JH

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 09:52:35 AM »
I really can't see what this type of post dose.

Must be the heat we've recently been having lol !

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2023, 12:29:17 PM »
I know the absence of anything new is causing forums to be very quite and nothing of interest is being posted. Even people taking the time to post music are not getting much attention.
Interests and hobbies are changing and more and more music groups are popping up on Facebook. Maybe the days of forums are limited.

Offline maartenb

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2023, 02:02:25 PM »
Even people taking the time to post music are not getting much attention.
This is why I hope, that when a new arranger comes out, we only get one board for that again on this forum, like with the Tyros boards. For Genos all posts are currently watered down over 10 boards. With all due respect to the moderator's decision, I've never liked that.

I really like one board per arranger model.

Maybe the days of forums are limited.
Don't underestimate the power and the huge knowledge in this forum! People may have figured out most of their Genoses, but when a new arranger arrives, a lot of questions will pop up, and people will gravitate to where they can find answers.

A forum like this is the best for that.

Maarten

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2023, 04:12:14 PM »
Yes I do agree that one board would have been enough for Genos as with all other keyboards. It has been messy the way it is.
 My forum has only ever had one thread on Genos and it has worked perfectly for all questions.

Offline ton37

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2023, 08:11:05 PM »
I agree @EileenL. Some facts for the analysts: In the Genos Board is a total of 45000 posts (100%). The Genos General does have 32247 posts; that is 72%! The next 'large' board is Genos Styles/OTS/MPads and is 8% . So it would fit best in 1 board. It seems neat, but the Genos General board also deals with topics that would belong in a specific board. i.e. I also advocate 1 board if there is ever a successor to the Yamaha Genos. BTW: the SX900/700/600 has 15.000 posts in 1 board in half the time of the Genos existence.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 08:27:18 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2023, 11:01:48 PM »
An awful lot of posts on the Genos board have nothing to do with Genos but deal with other keyboards. Ideally they should have been moved.

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 12:06:44 AM »
I tend to agree that the Genos section could be condensed into one board. It looks like a lot of thought went into originally organizing the Genos sections that way, because it's the flagship model. But combining them might be less sorting and maintenance for the moderators. I think sections like "Genos Styles/OTS/Multipads is essentially the same as the "Style/OTS" in the "Understanding the PSR" section. So there is some redundancy.

Regarding hobby groups migrating over to Facebook groups, I don't think the grass is greener over there. Web forums like this are much superior to Facebook groups in my opinion. I see more regulars participating and posting here than on any arranger Facebook group. I think the problem with Facebook is it's just too large, distracting and unfocused, compared to specialized web forums such as this one. So my hope is that the founders of this forum do not one day suddenly decide to shut it down.

As far as people posting speculations about new unreleased models, I say to them don't stop posting. That is what this forum is for.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 12:34:48 AM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+, DGX-640,  E373

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2023, 08:25:04 AM »
As far as people posting speculations about new unreleased models, I say to them don't stop posting. That is what this forum is for.
I have no problem with that if speculation/rumor is backed up with some evidence (conclusion from press release, interview,etc.). I also think it's appropriate to comment about "next Yamaha" when some other brand releases new product -because topic is related.

However, in most (if not all) cases, the only intention is to start gossip, something like this:
-"Now is about time that Yamaha releases new Genos.. usually happens on September. What do you think?"
-"No, if at all it will be in April next year, because.. blah, blah.."
-"Yamaha takes time and so it will for sure blow out the competition.. blah, blah.."
- ... 20x blah, blah.."

But as many say, if you don't like the content, skip it  :)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Yama

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2023, 11:04:51 PM »
In a recent interview with Alois Müller, Peter Bartmann said he will be playing at the Musicando festival in Germany, in October, and also at another event at Herdecke, also in Germany. When you check the website of the Muscicando, in the FAQ, the organizers mention that Yamaha will be presenting a couple arrangers for playing and testing 😊  It can only mean one thing 🤓

The interview and the info are in German, but you can use google translate:

https://youtu.be/3pHz5_2Fiok

https://musicando.de/faq/

Offline soryt

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2023, 12:11:44 AM »
Its coming  8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 11:25:46 AM by soryt »
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline mikf

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2023, 10:39:58 AM »
New models do spark more posts on the forum, but the long term sources of forum activity are players new to arrangers, or current players doing ‘new things’. The drop off in posts on arranger forums may have more to do with arrangers being around for a long time now. So there is much more general familiarity with the operating systems.
On the subject of whether posts are relevant, obtuse or downright silly, I always compare this forum to a discussion round a dinner table or in a pub….. some people are interesting….. and some people are not 8).

As far as the multiple boards are concerned, the only real benefits are tidiness and faster historical searching. Most people accessing the forum regularly will be set up so the ‘recent posts’ opens automatically, and select what they read by scanning down recent posts rather than searching the various boards. So whether these are under different boards or not is actually pretty irrelevant.
When the Genos first came out there was such a big flurry of posts that it seemed reasonable to divide these up, and I would agree that now they could be amalgamated. But as I said above, it’s all a bit irrelevant except to some people’s sense of absolute correctness.
 And as far as work for moderators is concerned, believe me, …..changing what we already have is the most work!
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2023, 12:34:28 PM »
It has already been announced that Martin Harris and Peter Bartmans will attend the Yamaha club meeting in November here in the UK and that there will be a new instrument announced but it is still anyone's guess what it will be.

Offline mikf

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2023, 12:38:53 PM »
Eileen, is the Yamaha club an arranger forum, or a general Yamaha keyboard forum?
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2023, 03:40:58 PM »
It is where you can all go for a three day stay at a nice hotel with seminars on how to get the best from your keyboards and instructions on how to do things going on during the day. Then in the evening there are concerts using Yamaha keyboards and some organs by well known players. If there is to be a new launch this is where it will take place.

Offline mikf

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2023, 06:04:54 PM »
Eileen
I meant is it arrangers focussed or all Yamaha electronic keyboards like pianos, synths etc?
Mike

Offline Stewart Girlock

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2023, 07:17:55 PM »
Other manufacturers may push Yamaha into the release of a new keyboard. I personally am in no hurry to see a half-baked Genos2 appear. I personally think I'm willing to wait for some real renovation.

My idea would be and theirs I hope would be a software upgradeable model.  Not just patches and fixes. Go to a $500.00 OS upgrade rather than a $5,000.00 replacement. The Genos, for example, has enough assignable controls to accept software upgrades.

I believe users would be quicker to spend or in this case invest in an instrument that you could grow to your wants and needs. In the end A manufacturer could recoup R&D costs and maybe make more money selling the upgrades and the user wouldn't feel they were being taken advantage of. There would also be fewer used instruments on the market thus improved sales.

In time, hardware does wear out especially for those of us at it for hours. But, when replacement time rolls around no one would feel cheated. Especially if the cost of upgrades made to your keyboard were partially deducted from the cost of your new one. (Ok that's pie in the sky) LOL!!

What you get today for what you're paying is a bargain. No one can dispute that! just ask the guy who couldn't give away a Technics FN3 or a Lowery Royalle.

Yes, we're waiting for new instruments and things won't change soon but here's hoping they do for the next guy. I'm willing to wait a little while longer.

My hat is off to all here who contribute. Thank you so much.

Offline mikf

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2023, 07:45:26 PM »
Serious upgrades to these keyboards via software has never been the Yamaha way. I believe Yamaha sees itself primarily as a hardware supplier with factories to fill. Some system fixes via software but real upgrades have always been new models.
So don't hold your breath for this. Look at the annual report laying out their strategy, no mention of software upgrade strategies on keyboards anywhere.  Adding existing technology to piano type instruments is their stated core keyboard strategy. And if you look at what has appeared recently, that seems to be getting implemented.
Mike

Offline ikmusic

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2023, 09:56:29 PM »
This is not a guess but a fact.

Why such certainty?
Obecnie PSR-SX900 + Roland Ra95. Wcześniej były:
Yamaha: Tyros 5/4/3/2 S970 S770 S750 S710 S670 PSR1500 E413 W7v2 V50
Roland: BK9 BK7m BK5 G800 E35 E70 E50 U20 Ra90 JV50 Mc500
Korg: Pa4x Pa1000 01Wfd
Ketron: SD5

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2023, 10:53:45 AM »
Further to Eileen's post, this is the event.

https://www.cavalcadeproductions.co.uk/yamaha.htm

I'm still confused because I thought that the Yamaha Club as such had closed. Certainly the current June/July magazine is described as the last one that will be published?
Do you know Eileen?

Keith.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 10:55:32 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline EileenL

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2023, 11:17:43 AM »
As you know Glyn Madden retired this year but this meeting was always very popular so Yamaha are going to keep it going with Keyboard Cavalcade running it. This means you will no longer have to be a Yamaha Club member to attend. Anyone can go.

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2023, 12:33:35 PM »
Thanks Eileen for clarifying the situation.

Keith.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Drsun19

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2023, 04:15:20 PM »
No.
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

Offline pjd

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2023, 05:48:42 PM »
Serious upgrades to these keyboards via software has never been the Yamaha way. I believe Yamaha sees itself primarily as a hardware supplier with factories to fill. Some system fixes via software but real upgrades have always been new models.

Amen to that. I have seen the most ridiculous whinging in Yamaha synth forums coming from people who expect Montage updates and support ad infinitum. Why should Genos be different?

Yamaha execs openly admired Apple's business practices -- no hesitancy to kill off older products, there!  :)

-- pj

P.S. Korg's experiment with hardware field upgrade (aftertouch) to Nautilus is an interesting experiment to watch.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 05:50:10 PM by pjd »

Offline Stijn

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2023, 12:37:57 PM »
Two weeks ago Peter Baartmans demonstrated the new CVP909.
Very impresssive! Watch the demonstration of Mcarthur Park at 1:00:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcUCOVdtRF4

Maybe the new Genos will get the same display, buttons, structure and menus, bluetooth...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:24:38 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, Roshure

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2023, 03:25:53 PM »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2023, 04:26:32 PM »
Things are starting to again come forward
I say no smoke without a fire 8)
I would think it almost impossible to keep secrets in this day and age
There is always a whistle blower and Yamaha could be doing the drip feed or someone associated with them and of course Peter Bartmans doing the rounds again in November.
Nature of the universe "All possibility"!! :)

Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air  :) :) :)

Frida  -  "I Know Somethings Going On"         :) :) :)

Peaky Blinders -- Happy or Sad                      :) :) :( :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:34:39 PM by ugawoga »

Offline mikf

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2023, 05:08:02 PM »
It’s easy to keep a secret if there is no secret. Even whistleblowers need something to whistle.
Maybe the reason we are hearing nothing about a new Genos is because there is nothing. Seems the simplest, most obvious reason.
Mike

Offline RONBO

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2023, 05:15:14 PM »
Hello Uday,

It's fiction. This video is all hat; no cattle.

All done with a photoshop app

That's no opinion, of course

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline ton37

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2023, 06:26:57 PM »
Yeah, . It would be bad, bad marketing if Yamaha ever should make such an anoying and amateurish vid.
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Joe H

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2023, 08:51:00 PM »
Just some computer wiz looking for attention is my guess.

;D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline maartenb

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2023, 12:10:41 PM »
Fact Or fiction?

Fiction. It consists of Korg's PA5x elements put on a Genos.

This one, however, is done far better than most "Genos 2" Photoshop jobs. It took me a little while, before I could state with 100% certainty that the pictures were fake. He/she even made a Pad Control button on the screen. I love those details. So my compliments to the maker!

In summary: Keep calm and play your Genos.  ;)

Maarten
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 03:03:00 PM by maartenb »

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2023, 02:24:16 PM »
It’s easy to keep a secret if there is no secret. Even whistleblowers need something to whistle.
Maybe the reason we are hearing nothing about a new Genos is because there is nothing. Seems the simplest, most obvious reason.
Mike

You old curmudgeoner lol!! ;D ;D

Offline kbrkr

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2023, 07:38:50 PM »
Yamaha is scheduled to release a brand new workstation in October - the Montage replacement.   It is rumored to have a brand new sound engine.  What are the odds the tech and sound engine find its way into a new arranger keyboard?

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2023, 09:50:54 AM »
My view is , if there is not a Genos 2 this year , there will never be a new one.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2023, 10:58:09 AM »
Never say Never sausages if you like but not Never.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2023, 01:58:31 PM »
SAUSAGES!! :) to that Eileen.
It has got to happen this year.
You can feel it in your bones.
Where are all the Psychic readers when you need them ;D

All the Best
John :)

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2023, 01:55:28 AM »
[quote
Where are all the Psychic readers when you need them ;D
All the Best
John :)
[/quote]

Closed due to unforeseen circumstances 🤣

Offline rattley

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2023, 03:34:19 AM »
Greetings and Salutations!!

I've been going thru some of my old computer hard drives lately and I found the first Genos folder I made. It was dated 2017??  Could that be possible??  It should be getting gray like I am!!  I think we are all ready for Genos II ?  Best wishes. -charley

Offline EileenL

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2023, 12:24:55 PM »
Yes it is hard to believe that Genos is now six years old and still going strong.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2023, 10:27:43 AM »
I think it has all to do with a lack of Microfish and Chips ;D