Author Topic: Problem setting up pedal activity on the SX700  (Read 832 times)

Problem setting up pedal activity on the SX700
« on: April 12, 2023, 08:47:55 PM »
I have a problem setting the action performed by the pedals of the keys even when I direct the pedal to perform a certain action, it continues to perform the action set by default of the pedal, even though the action I set is written on the screen. I would appreciate it if you could help me sort this out...

Offline overover

Re: Problem setting up pedal activity on the SX700
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 09:20:22 PM »
Hi Kazatskov,

First make sure that the pedal in question is not used for the "Registration Sequence" function or that this function is switched OFF (in "Menu > Regist Sequence"). If a pedal is assigned to the "Regist -" or "Regist +" function here, this overrides the Pedal function made in the Assignable display.

To change the function of a connected pedal, press the "Direct Access" button and then press down the pedal. This will bring up the "Assignable" display where you can set the desired pedal function. Make sure that you actually make this setting for the Assignable Foot Pedal jack (#1 or #2) that the pedal is connected to.

Important: In order for the change to the pedal settings to be saved (in the so-called System Setup), you must now CLOSE the Assignable display (by touching the X icon or pressing the EXIT button). (This is basically the case for all system settings that do not have a save icon.) The changed pedal settings are then available again after a restart.

But note: the pedal settings can be (unexpectedly) modified again at any time by recalling a Registration that contains different pedal settings. I therefore recommend that you save your preferred pedal settings in a few Registrations (only the "Pedal" checkbox ticked when memorizing those registrations). This allows you to quickly reset the pedal settings if necessary.

When memorizing your own Registrations, pay attention to the status of the "Pedal" checkbox: If this box is ticked, the registration will NOT change the current pedal settings later. If the "Pedal" box is unticked, the registration will later always recall the memorized pedal settings. This way you can call up/use different pedal settings with each registration, if needed.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 09:33:15 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Problem setting up pedal activity on the SX700
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 09:20:28 PM »
I have a problem setting the action performed by the pedals of the keys even when I direct the pedal to perform a certain action, it continues to perform the action set by default of the pedal, even though the action I set is written on the screen. I would appreciate it if you could help me sort this out...

Do you use registrations? They viikd be modifying the pedal settings.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons