PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600

Anyone tried to use Genos speakers on the SX-700/900 ?

(1/3) > >>

Stevengale:
I had a Genos for a little while... had to sell it but kept the GNS-MS01 speakers.  The Genos speakers use a supposedly proprietary 8 pin connector and I wouldn't know how to split the wires correctly on that funny cable to get it to work with the ¼" mains on the SX-900 (or 700 since they are identical in that respect).

Anyone else happen to have tried this?

To make life easier I bought some small used Yamaha powered speakers to try give the SX900 sound a little more depth, and that it does, but I'm still not getting those tinsel highs I like to hear from good sound systems and the Genos speakers I think did that. So my goal here is to try to use what i have to get the sound I want... make sense? 

thanks

mixermixer:
Is this for home use? Get a pair of studio monitors, I use JBL LSR305's with a small powered sub. If this is for live gigs, you'd probably be using a stage monitor already. IMO not worth the time futzing with proprietary cables, put it up for sale if you haven't modified it.

EileenL:
Try adjusting your EQ settings.

rikkisbears:
Hi, gather they’re fairly expensive speakers? If so would it be worth trying to find someone to change the wiring for you?
I recently purchased a pair of JBL lsr305’s.  ( same as mixer mixer ) they sound great .

BogdanH:
The only documentation I could find is Genos Service Manual on Youtube, which isn't of high quality (one would need actual pdf file) and I found nothing about Genos speakers. Anyway, from what I can see on Genos diagram, I think it shouldn't be a problem to convert Genos speaker set into "universal" speaker system.
To do that, new connectors must be built on subwoofer:
-2 connectors for L&R input (this would be connected to PSR L&R output)
-2 connectors for L&R output (for sattelite speakers)
Having that, wires from 8-pin connector (on subwoofer) must then be soldered to new connectors and  that's it. The only mystery that remains is Mute signal (pin3 on 8-pin connector). The question here is: if no mute signal (=not connected), does that mean speaker is in Mute Off state? Without documentation, there's only one way to find out: to try.

Bogdan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version