Author Topic: PSR-SX900 playlist copied from USB to USER is not saved  (Read 1133 times)

Offline DaPaleRider

PSR-SX900 playlist copied from USB to USER is not saved
« on: June 12, 2022, 07:48:25 PM »
Hi,

I downloaded the bonus playlist on my computer and copied it to USB. I insert the USB stick to my PSR-SX900.
Using the Playlist Menu I copied the playlists to the USER section. When I start my PSR-SX900 a next time all playlists are gone.

What am I doing wrong here?

I copied the folders from USB to User and when I want to load a playlist I get the error: Some playlist records were not loaded due to error: XX item(s)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 08:05:53 PM by DaPaleRider »
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR-SX900 playlist copied from USB to USER is not saved
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 10:11:05 PM »
I downloaded the bonus playlist on my computer and copied it to USB. I insert the USB stick to my PSR-SX900.
Using the Playlist Menu I copied the playlists to the USER section. When I start my PSR-SX900 a next time all playlists are gone.

What am I doing wrong here?

I copied the folders from USB to User and when I want to load a playlist I get the error: Some playlist records were not loaded due to error: XX item(s)

I doubt very much that the playlist is "gone", but it's likely that it can't find the registrations it refers to (that's your "not loaded" error).

A playlist is a list of registrations, including where to find them. The playlist is looking for registrations on the USB drive. The fact that you copied them to the User drive doesn't change that -- the playlist still looks on the USB drive for its registrations.

You have two choices:
1. Use the USB drive for your playlist and its registrations.
2. If you want to have everything on the User drive (which is what I do), you need to modify the Playlist file to look for its registrations on that drive. A playlist is a simple TSV file, so it's not hard to modify with Excel or Google Sheets.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

Re: PSR-SX900 playlist copied from USB to USER is not saved
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 10:53:34 PM »
These files are designed to work from USB1 so you can't just copy them to user as you have found out.
Eileen
font]