PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1)

Saving stuff, General question PSR A5000

(1/3) > >>

AmirInTexas:
Hi All,

I'm new here and to Yamaha, made the change from Korg to Yamaha after 25 years.  I love the keyboard I got PSR A5000 but I'm a little frustrated that I can't find any information on this question and I can't somehow understand the way Yamaha saves stuff.  I am hoping you guys can shed some light.  I understand a little about OTS and Registration and how to save to them.  With Korg we could save some or a lot of stuff globally, can we do that with Yamaha?  For example, Scale Tuning default setting doesn't have "Style" and "Lower" checked.  Let's say I always want "style" to be included, how do I save that One time forever, no matter what?  Another item, is Pedal 1 and 2 or Live Control, these are settings I want to set one time and never change.  Also, Multi-pads for each style.  It seems when I choose one multi-pad, every style I chose has that multi-pad, shouldn't it have it's own?  sorry if these are stupid question, but I need somehow clarity on how stuff is save.  Please help

travlin-easy:
Yes, you can save any style to a registration, however, the multi-pad is attached to the style, thus it cannot be saved separately. Consequently, each time you select a new variation, the default multi-pad would pop up. The only way I know of to change this is to use the keyboard's onboard style creator program, then rename the style to a new/user name, thereby attaching a new multi-pad to the style.

Hope this helps,

Gary  8)

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: travlin-easy on April 04, 2022, 05:32:37 PM ---Yes, you can save any style to a registration, however, the multi-pad is attached to the style, thus it cannot be saved separately. Consequently, each time you select a new variation, the default multi-pad would pop up. The only way I know of to change this is to use the keyboard's onboard style creator program, then rename the style to a new/user name, thereby attaching a new multi-pad to the style.

--- End quote ---

While styles have a default multipad, you can override it. Just load the style, select another multipad, then memorize the registration ensuring the appropriate boxes are checked in the save.

Cheers,
Fred

travlin-easy:
Fred, that method works fine, just as long as the player remains in the same variation. However, if the player selects another variation, the multi-pad would revert to the default multi-pad as soon as the new variation is selected. The only workaround with this technique is to create a number of registrations for each variation of the style and reselect and save the updated multi-pad in each of the four registrations.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: travlin-easy on April 04, 2022, 09:29:05 PM ---Fred, that method works fine, just as long as the player remains in the same variation. However, if the player selects another variation, the multi-pad would revert to the default multi-pad as soon as the new variation is selected. The only workaround with this technique is to create a number of registrations for each variation of the style and reselect and save the updated multi-pad in each of the four registrations.

--- End quote ---

One reason why I always use registrations to change variations.

Cheers,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version