Author Topic: Making the pedal setting stay where I want it  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Denn

Making the pedal setting stay where I want it
« on: March 07, 2022, 06:14:03 AM »
Another thing that is not in the handbooks PSR SX700. I go to MENU, Assignable, and find the two slots that show the pedal settings. I touch the Pedal 2 and set that to Volume with the FC7 foot-switch plugged in. Try and play a few notes and it works but it is backwards!! I find the polarity screen and change the polarity. Now works as it should. Press reg button 2 and the pedal has gone back to the default settings. Press reg button 1 and again the pedal is on default. These are the frustrations that made me dump the SX900.
Next, I just cannot find where the drawbars are for the organ flutes. According to the internet there should be drawbars and a screen of tabs as on the Lowery organs. Not on my SX700. Just wish that things were explained in the Yamaha handbooks or even put up as extras on their site.
My main problem is that I can find almost everything there is on my Tyros after 8 years. I could write a thousand pages of things that Yamaha have NOT included in their handbooks.
Please will someone help me.
Kind regards, Denn

From an earlier post March 2020:
How do you save the volume pedal setting. Now that you showed me where it is, now how does it get saved. There must be a global setting somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 06:22:57 AM by Denn »
Love knitting dolls

Offline TiasDad

Re: Making the pedal setting stay where I want it
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 10:32:05 AM »
Hi Denn,
First off, Organ flutes .. Select an Organ Flutes instrument and while on that screen, touch the Menu button at the top of the screen (the 3 bars), then select Voice Edit to bring up the drawbars etc.

With the pedals, If you already have your Reg 2 slot setup, touch that first, make your adjustments to the pedals, then hit the MEMORY button before touching the Reg 2 button. Make sure the Foot Pedals box is checked .. then hit the Reg 2 button to save it.
By hitting the Reg 2 button before the Memory button, you are resetting the pedal settings to whatever was previously saved in the Reg 2 slot and losing your new settings ;)

It all just takes a little time :)

Hope this helps
Gary
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:33:57 AM by TiasDad »

Offline Denn

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 10:44:44 AM »
Hello Gary, Thanks for your reply but it is not what I want. I do not want to have to register the FC7 pedal for volume control for every voice and register button as I go. I want to have a global setting for the pedal to Volume Control whatever else I do with the kbd. I have set the FC7 Volume on my T4 and it stays there ALL the time. Not so on the sx700.
Hope that this is clear. Sorry to be a pain, I just want the thing to work as it should.   :)
Regards, Denn
Love knitting dolls

Offline Denn

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 11:35:42 AM »

Think I may have solved the problem- for me at least. OK here we go. I cleared a new registration bank. No buttons lighted. Direct Access and press the foot pedal. Set the Assignment for the pedal to Volume. Exit. Set some voices  and pressed the memory button. Ensured the Pedal box was ticked then pressed Button 1. Did the same for button 2, et al. The volume control works. The 2 regs I have made still put the pedal to the default so I went through and re-registered the buttons. I now have a basic reg which I can work with. Generally on my T4 I just select any registration, change the style, put in the voices I want and save it to a new name. Problem is - when you have done something automatically over the years you tend to forget the simple intermediate steps.
Thanks lots for your help, makes me think. :)
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline Denn

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 08:58:33 PM »
Sorry to be a pain but the answer is simple when you know how. Press Menu, Registration freeze and tick the box for Foot pedals. If this box is not ticked then the pedals revert to the default.
Thanks to all who helped.
Kind regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 03:35:23 AM »
Sorry to be a pain but the answer is simple when you know how. Press Menu, Registration freeze and tick the box for Foot pedals. If this box is not ticked then the pedals revert to the default.
Thanks to all who helped.
Kind regards, Denn.

When you're using registrations, pedals "revert" to what the registration sets them to. If you don't want that to happen, then fix the registrations. When they work as you want, you have a much more stress free environment.

Also, for your solution to work, the Freeze button must be on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons